INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Updating recording schedule from library client  (Read 1074 times)

chirpp

• World Citizen
Updating recording schedule from library client
« on: January 25, 2011, 05:25:40 pm »

I posted this in the tv / cards forum but I think it should be considered a bug in this and previous releases after 15.136.

If I am using a library client at my work, I connect and add a recording. It appears to take it on the client side. However, if I remote in to the server side, it does not appear.

I decided to test using older versions.  While doing it I found that using any version on a local client and server worked ok (ie:While at home on the same network). It fails when I am remote, coming in through the firewall and adding recordings. (For example, submitting from my work)

I loaded the same version on the remote client and the server. 15.122, 15.130, 15.136 were all ok, then 15.142 failed.   

I then decided to load a good version on the remote client (136) and keep the 'bad" version on the server, and it worked!

So submitting recordings from outside of the LAN, through my firewall, using library client  version 136 or earlier works.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Updating recording schedule from library client
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2011, 05:49:43 pm »

For now, you may need to make an additional library change on the client for television recording change to sync.  If you only change the television recording, the client won't think it needs to sync changes.

A future version will fix this.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

chirpp

• World Citizen
Re: Updating recording schedule from library client
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2011, 10:13:52 pm »

OK. I thought I would mention it as previous versions tested ok.

Thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up