INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Logitech Harmony One - Launch MC15  (Read 1499 times)

jdsuowner

• Recent member
Logitech Harmony One - Launch MC15
« on: January 27, 2011, 11:36:35 am »

Hi guys, we have a Logitech Harmony One with a stanard Microsoft Media Center IR receiver. It works perfectly with Media Center on Windows 7 for us.

What I am trying to do is setup a button to launch JRiver MC15 and end up on the Theater View / Audio Page instead of Windows Media Center Music.

What is the easiest way to do this with these devices?

Thanks

cncb

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Logitech Harmony One - Launch MC15
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2011, 12:09:37 pm »

If you don't want to use Windows Media Center anymore then the easiest thing would be to just disable it and then the "Green Button" will launch MC.  If you want to use both you could go into Tools | Options | Remote Control | Commands in MC and select "Theater View: Audio".  Click "Start Learning" and press one of the rarely used buttons in WMC (I have a * and # on mine which would work).  You may have to enable "Remote, Keyboard, gaempad, or other HID" input device in MC to recognize some of these "special" buttons and will have to have MC running all the time for it to respond.
-Craig    MO 4Media remote and player:  Android/TV/Auto | iOS | Windows 10/UWP

jdsuowner

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2011, 12:24:37 pm »

Ok I will try it later. So I wont need a program like Girder, EventGhost, Netremote, or Intelliremote to launch it? Also which one of these programs seems to be the easiest to work with for doing macros and launching other programs?

nwboater

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2011, 09:45:12 am »

I am about to do it with a Harmony One, so what I am about to tell you is not from experience - just off the top of my head.

You want to set up Run MC as an "Activity". The codes are already there in the Harmony Software. I believe it is considered a Media Center PC.

In MC15 I believe there is a setting under Startup to open MC in Theater View. It wont take you straight to Audio though, just to The Theater View main menu.

Re the other Software it looks like Netremote is designed to use some form of PC as a remote so don't see how this will work with a Harmony. I purchased Intelliremote as it really looks like the easiest to use. And the owner is very responsive on his Melloware forum. I am going to use it because I use both MC15 and SageTV. Some of the things I want to do can't be done with just the Harmony Software.

Please let us know how it goes.

Rod
Pages: [1]   Go Up