Devices > Sound Cards, DAC's, Receivers, Speakers, and Headphones

Asus Essence ST Asio fix and questions

<< < (5/5)

nwboater:
I have long been having a problem with Theater View when listening to music. When the background images change I get an audible ticking sound. I have a thread on the problem here  http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=68361.0.  Not sure the problem is related to the difficulties others here are having but it may be.

I also sometimes get a lot of these ticks if I use the mouse when listening to music.

Another place I get a LOT of ticks is when watching Live TV. If I go to time shifting they mostly go away, but lately I still get a few when Time Shifted.

Have an Asus Essence ST soundcard with H6 Daughter card. Using Unified Drivers with ASIO. Analog outputs go straight to power amps.

It seems very interesting that many people are having  these particular sound problems with their Essence soundcards.

Rod

Trond-Eirik:
hmmm.

I have Essence st. Using spdif out to my receiver. I tried to use both asio and wasapi. worked ok on cd's, but not on multichannel dvd's or blu rays.
MCs audio parh reported that it was outputting multichannel sound, but the receiver only got 2 channel PCM.
There was also a lot of playback stuttering.
Using latest asus drivers.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version