INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lost and missing handheld features  (Read 2055 times)

soulcancer

• Galactic Citizen
Lost and missing handheld features
« on: January 29, 2011, 01:20:42 pm »

When i connected my android phone to MC15 it showed a drop down of Audio, Video, and Images, this is lost in MC16.

Also, the full sync of the Androids that I, and many of us Android users, is still missing.
We are hoping that MC16 can sync with android phones both ways, import new pics, videos and purchased content to MC16 seamlessly by searching more than just one folder to import. I personally am hoping that the importing of the pictures works better, with the ability to add more than one base path, and pictures and video from the camera are in multiple folders on the phone. a Sync option for multitasking phones should have more options than simple playlist support. and incorporate the camera sync with more base folders into the full sync option.

heres more detail of what I am hoping, and looking for.
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=61667.msg413691#msg413691

Other than that, Im liking what Im seeing so far.

Rob L

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Lost and missing handheld features
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2011, 01:59:28 pm »

In a similar vein, I'd been thinking of a few things that would be useful to add to Gizmo, and this might be a good point to raise them (assuming I'm not going senile and didn't already raise them elsewhere!)

The official XBMC Android client adds some options to play on XBMC. It would be great if the Gizmo install added some similar functionality for MC.  E.g. you're browsing the web on your android device and you click through to a video. Rather than playing it on your device, offer the option to send it (via Gizmo) to an instance of MC. Similarly with YouTube content. You could also use the "share" functionality to send pictures to MC for playback (either local or web).

I guess you could expand this to achieve something similar to what you're describing - so for instance, the various android camera/gallery apps could just hook into the "share" functionality to send a photo you've just taken into the MC library.

ReGalAndroid is another example of an app that delivers similar functionality - providing the "share" handler that allows you to send photos from other apps through ReGalAndroid to a web-based Gallery (as in Menalto Gallery)

Pages: [1]   Go Up