INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Smartlist Challenge  (Read 1633 times)

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Smartlist Challenge
« on: January 30, 2011, 04:04:22 am »

Don't think it's possible ...  :-\

Take a playlist as the seed data and then display EVERY track in the database that matches [artist][name] from the seed playlist but no other tracks.

I can figure it out for ONE entry, but not multiple entries...

A bit more info on this; I have lots of compilations that have the same track - I'm trying to create a view that pulls all the same tracks out, based on the initial playlist, so that I can ensure data consistency across all tracks and some other stuff.

Good luck! 

Mark

rick.ca

Re: Smartlist Challenge
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2011, 02:26:06 pm »

What's the purpose of the "seed playlist"? Can't you just list duplicates of [Artist], [Name] grouped by [Artist] and sorted by [Name]?

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2011, 03:58:00 pm »

The seed list is the result of other processing.   In this case, work on a third field but it could really be anything.  The challenge remains the same; use a seed playlist and pull ALL tracks from the collection matching the seeds [artist],[name]...

joh

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2011, 05:07:30 pm »

Am I understanding correctly: you would like to accomplish the same thing as was discussed in your post "IsPlaying () = IsAwesome" - but without the base for identifying [artist],[name] duplicates being PlayingNow, but rather just an entry in a playlist? /Olle

rick.ca

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2011, 06:12:59 pm »

you would like to accomplish the same thing as was discussed in your post "IsPlaying () = IsAwesome"

Funny you should mention this. My first solution was to play the playlist while viewing a list restricted to duplicates. My "IsInPlayingNow" flag would then indicate which duplicates needed attention. Since then, I haven't been able to think of a "proper" smartlist solution. I know better than to say there isn't one, but...

If I understand the problem, this is an example of where I might need this: I have some playlists of files I plan to burn to CD's for playing in my car. Before doing so, I'd like to make sure data in various fields of duplicate tracks is consistent. These playlists are in a  group named "CD's Car," so it's easy to do a search to select all the tracks included in them. I then tag them (I use my [.temp] field for such things) "Car" and show this in my working view. Then the tracks needing attention are easily spotted visually—as the screen shot shows.

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2011, 01:40:39 am »

Am I understanding correctly: you would like to accomplish the same thing as was discussed in your post "IsPlaying () = IsAwesome" - but without the base for identifying [artist],[name] duplicates being PlayingNow, but rather just an entry in a playlist? /Olle

Yes.  I want to be able to create the duplicates list starting with an arbitrary number of seed [album],[name] entries.
Pages: [1]   Go Up