INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Auto update tags question  (Read 775 times)

MWGilbert

Auto update tags question
« on: June 10, 2002, 12:36:24 pm »

Hello, All.

I have about 11,000 mp3 files organized as - - - . They are very easy to access and manipulate within MJ.

What I would like, however, is a method to correctly update tags & or filenames to be able to have the correct YEAR of the album, i.e. - - - - .

This would enable the sorting of albums within an artist chronologically. Now, I could go in and manually retag each album's tracks with the correct year. Or, I would love a way to automate the process, perhaps with some kind of "get the year from cddb using artist & album, auto update tag, and rename file from tag" method.

Since I consider this forum to be populated by the most knowledgable mp3'ers on Earth, I though I would see if anyone here had any ideas. Thanks!

Claudio

RE:Auto update tags question
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2002, 01:24:47 pm »

Hi Gilbert,

renaming the files after you have the year in the tags it's a breeze (see Proprieties,  Tools->rename file from proprieties )

But I think the problem is getting the album year. I don't know if it is just me, but when I query CDDB from the proprieties Tool->"Get Information from CDDB" I normally do not get the year of the album back.

Claudio

MWGilbert

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2002, 04:51:01 pm »

Indeed. I would like to avoid the 'research' and 'manual' part of the job Next Page

PadawanX

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2002, 11:53:05 pm »

CDDB constantly fails to give accurate album release date information.  I would love to know of a reliable way to get this data.  I'd be willing to right a small utility to fill in the id3 tag if there was a source I could trust.  Any suggestions?
Pages: [1]   Go Up