INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Having Trouble With Root Level  (Read 1267 times)

• Recent member
Having Trouble With Root Level
« on: January 30, 2011, 12:56:01 pm »

Hello, I am using media centre 15.0.173. The music I have is on a portable hard drive which I connect to my laptop. One day I plugged in another drive I use for pictures into the laptop to save some pictures, when I was done I disconnected it. The next time I went into media centre it showed 2 drive letters. It didn't find my music because it had changed the drive letter to F. I went and changed it back to E. Now when I open up the program it show 2 root levels and constantly give me tag errors for files that were on the F drive but are now on the E Drive. I don't know how to fix this. Should I delete the program and reinstall it? If I do will I lose all the work I have put in to clean up the entries (cover art, years, song numbers).  Thank you for any help you can give me >:(

joh

• World Citizen
Re: Having Trouble With Root Level
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2011, 02:54:00 pm »

You do not need to reinstall MC.
It is not clear to me if you now have two complete sets of tracks in your library (one set pointing at E: and one set pointing at F:) or if you just have one set of tracks, but they reference the wrong disk?

If you have two sets of tracks and want to delete the set of tracks with the wrong path from the library:
in the navigation tree on you left, find and click on the view "disc location". Select the drive that does not exist. In the main window, select all tracks and delete them (they should be marked with a red X in a yellow square if MC can't find them)

If you only have one set of tracks, but they have the wrong path (i.e. F:\.... rather than E:\...  all marked with red x in yellow square):
- select all songs that have the wrong path
- right click, select "library tools" -> "Rename, Move and Copy Files"
- Keep the default "Rename (moves....)" in the drop-down menu
- uncheck the boxes left of "directories" and "filename"
- check the "Find & Replace" box at the bottom
- do an appropriate find & replace, i.e. from "F:\...." to "E:\...." (check in the preview window to the right your action will have the desired result).

Hope this helps.
Olle

• Recent member
Re: Having Trouble With Root Level
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2011, 11:19:47 pm »

Thank You Olle. Your instructions worked perfectly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up