INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Build 173 won't import WMAs or WMVs  (Read 1288 times)

RainCaster

• Recent member
Build 173 won't import WMAs or WMVs
« on: February 02, 2011, 03:45:58 pm »

This looks like a bug to me. I have a fresh (virgin) install of MC15.173 on my server. Server is running Small Business Server 2008. It has been rock stable for the last 18 months as my mail and web server. All updates are current on this machine. There are three hard drives on this machine- 1 300G VelociRaptor for Windows and swap file, a 1T drive for Exchange and web store, and a 2T drive for music and photo store.

I cloned my music / photo library drive from my SBS 2003 machine to see how well it would work with MC15, as I have been using MC14 on the older machine. This music drive has one directory full of WMA albums, and another full of MP3/OGG albums. There is also a directory full of videos in many types. All the audio and video was successfully imported- except the WMA and WMV files. All file types were enabled in the import configuration.

I just tried to import one directory again, and the detailed results are as follows:

Library now has 43620 files. Search and update took 0:00.

Imported 0 new files.
Failed to import 16 files.

In-depth details:
Failed to import:
    F:\Network Shares\Music\Alison Krauss\A Hundred Miles or More- A Collection\02 Simple Love.wma
    F:\Network Shares\Music\Alison Krauss\A Hundred Miles or More- A Collection\03 Jacob's Dream.wma
    F:\Network Shares\Music\Alison Krauss\A Hundred Miles or More- A Collection\04 Away Down the River.wma
    F:\Network Shares\Music\Alison Krauss\A Hundred Miles or More- A Collection\05 Sawing on the Strings.wma
    F:\Network Shares\Music\Alison Krauss\A Hundred Miles or More- A Collection\06 Down to the River to Pray [From Oh Brother, Where Art Thou-].wma
    F:\Network Shares\Music\Alison Krauss\A Hundred Miles or More- A Collection\07 Baby Mine.wma
    F:\Network Shares\Music\Alison Krauss\A Hundred Miles or More- A Collection\08 Molly Bán (Bawn).wma
    F:\Network Shares\Music\Alison Krauss\A Hundred Miles or More- A Collection\09 How's the World Treating You.wma
    F:\Network Shares\Music\Alison Krauss\A Hundred Miles or More- A Collection\10 The Scarlet Tide [From Cold Mountain].wma
    F:\Network Shares\Music\Alison Krauss\A Hundred Miles or More- A Collection\11 Whiskey Lullaby.wma
    F:\Network Shares\Music\Alison Krauss\A Hundred Miles or More- A Collection\12 You Will Be My Ain True Love [From Cold Mountain].wma
    F:\Network Shares\Music\Alison Krauss\A Hundred Miles or More- A Collection\13 I Give You to His Heart [From the Prince of Egypt].wma
    F:\Network Shares\Music\Alison Krauss\A Hundred Miles or More- A Collection\14 Get Me Through December.wma
    F:\Network Shares\Music\Alison Krauss\A Hundred Miles or More- A Collection\15 Missing You.wma
    F:\Network Shares\Music\Alison Krauss\A Hundred Miles or More- A Collection\01 You're Just a Country Boy.wma
    F:\Network Shares\Music\Alison Krauss\A Hundred Miles or More- A Collection\16 Lay Down Beside Me.wma

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: Build 173 won't import WMAs or WMVs
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2011, 04:59:53 pm »

Wma & wmv import works for me on Windows 7 and XP.

Perhaps you don't have the Windows Media codecs installed.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2011, 10:50:08 pm »

Maybe you could test the same WMA files in Windows Media Player? 

It's possible the files could be bad, DRM'd, or have different system permissions than other file types.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

DWAnderson

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2011, 01:39:40 pm »

Perhaps you don't have the Windows Media codecs installed.

I'm betting on this, having had the same issue myself with SBS 2008.
Pages: [1]   Go Up