INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Watch Netflix in tree view  (Read 5038 times)

soulcancer

• Galactic Citizen
Watch Netflix in tree view
« on: February 02, 2011, 08:15:12 pm »

I would like to be able to watch Netflix in the tree view. i often am multitasking and would like to make the display small, detached, and without borders at the bottom right of the screen. i cannot do this while watching Netflix in the web browser and in theater view.

Can we make this happen?

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Cheers
Re: Watch Netflix in tree view
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2011, 09:17:22 pm »

You can I do it all the time.
In tree go to Video-->right click on Connected Media and it should be in the Featured Websites flyout.
Sean

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2011, 10:51:56 pm »

There's a minimum size to the Netflix video player below which the movie starts to get cropped.

I don't think we can change this easily, as it has to do with the silverlight / webpage system Netflix requires for PC playback.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

soulcancer

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2011, 11:55:42 am »

thats not what im talking about. you can watch Netflix in tree view, but you can only watch it in the browser (i assume because ihave no clue how to do it otherwise).

I would like to have it in the display, not the webpage, like watching a regular video.

I would like to detach the video and place it at the bottom right of the screen above all other windows.

am i making sense?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2011, 11:59:36 am »

thats not what im talking about. you can watch Netflix in tree view, but you can only watch it in the browser (i assume because ihave no clue how to do it otherwise).

I would like to have it in the display, not the webpage, like watching a regular video.

I would like to detach the video and place it at the bottom right of the screen above all other windows.

am i making sense?

If you start playback from Theater View > Connected > Netflix, it will allow Display View, detached view, etc.

But like I said, there is a minimum size so the detached display might not work well if you make it too small.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Getting older every day
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2011, 12:28:50 pm »

It took a bit of playing (and re-reading the above  :P), but I got Netflix to play in a detached window, and it was great!

As stated, it must be launched from within Theaterview for detached to be an option/work, and the right-click, detach doesn't work.  However, ctl+6 does work and playback worked fine.

I see what Matt is saying about the window needing to be so large or it starts cropping.  It seemed that the slower I shrunk the screen, the smaller I could get it before cropping, but that's likely not a reason, it was just interesting that if I tried to shrink it fast, it cropped sooner, forcing a larger window to see the whole video.

I wonder if there is any way to determine what the actual smallest window that still plays without cropping, then whenever one shrinks the window, it will force them to stop at this limit.  Ideally, one could then grab a second time to shrink again, and a smaller/cropped window would be allowed this second time, but the first 'stop' will let one easily shrink to the smallest non-cropped window.

Also, I had to hit the space bar to pause playback (the enter key didn't seem to work), but the space bar wouldn't always re-start playback.  This caused me to have to re-attach the window, go back into theaterview, and restart playback from there.

Not a big deal, just updating with my results.

Thanks for making this work, it made me VERY happy to have this option last night while paying bills.

Keep up the good work!!

Oh, and it seems that it's possible to launch netflix from theaterview AND from the tree in a browser window causing 2 videos to play simultaneously, interesting, but likely not desired :)
pretend this is something funny
Pages: [1]   Go Up