More > Music, Movies, Politics, and Other Cheap Thrills

BBC Radio Streams

(1/7) > >>

marko:
If you fancy the BBC streams in your MC library, download the attached zip file. Inside, there is a text file with nine BBC radio URLs and 'Cover Art' logos for each of those.

Copy the URL
In MC, use "File > Open URL" and paste in there.
Go to "Playing Now", right click the audio stream and choose "Import into Library"
Tag accordingly (think about management and organisation)
Direct MC to the appropriate art file

Enjoy.

I exclude these from the main audio branch of the tree, and set up a view that shows these and these only, under audio. Think about this as you probably wouldn't want these popping up in random play smartlists and the like. It is simplicity itself to set a tag that allows you to control when and where this are shown inside MC.

One of the beauties of these streams is that you can pause them, and MC time-shifts them, so when you resume playback, you don't miss anything. I don't think there's any other player out there that does that... Is there?

Have fun,
-marko

Edit: 11/02/2013
BBC 7 has been rebranded and has a new url. See this post further down for details plus logo.

Edit: 24/11/2019
Updated URLs for high quality HLS streams (might not be available outside UK?)

Edit: 27/12/2023
BBC moved the streams again.

Niacin:
Lots of view but no replies - so I'll break the duck. Thanks for that - it works a treat.

It would have been nice to pick and choose - I'll never listen to Radio 1, for example. But you have to have all or none. (Yes, I'm being picky ;))

marko:
Cheers Niacin. I tucked the post out of the way in here as the Beeb kind of frown upon this kind of direct linking to their streams, so don't make them easy to source.

Right with you re. Radio 1... maybe 25 years ago when I could rattle off the top 20 singles for that week in order, from memory, and only people in corduroy slacks and cardigans with little leather elbow patches listened to Radio 2...

I am now that Radio 2 listener (minus the fashion sense ;))... They play the odd Dylan track now and then you know... it's great when they do that!!

-marko

Niacin:

--- Quote from: marko on February 12, 2011, 02:43:02 am ---

I am now that Radio 2 listener (minus the fashion sense ;))... They play the odd Dylan track now and then you know... it's great when they do that!!

-marko

--- End quote ---
When I was a teenager, Radio 2 was really farty and the domain of Perry Como, The Swingle Singers and Clive Dunn etc. Now you get Hendrix on there, so perhaps getting old isn't so bad :)

Mr ChriZ:

--- Quote from: marko on February 12, 2011, 02:43:02 am ---

-marko

--- End quote ---

Radio 2 is good but they need to get rid of Jeremy Whine's show...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version