More > Music, Movies, Politics, and Other Cheap Thrills

BBC Radio Streams

<< < (7/7)

marko:
Morning Hendrik, did the fix for this go in on the quiet? I couldn't see anything relating to it in the notes. This morning, I added the stream to playing now the usual fifteen or so times, and currently, 2½ hours in, it's still on the first entry... no fail as yet...

UPDATE:- It's going off now, but that's 3½ ish, and still on 1st entry.

Hendrik:
I'm finalizing the update now, hopefully this week. External library upgrades depend on a lot of things, so its not quite that straight forward.

marko:
Thanks again Hendrik. It was back to it's usual behaviour today, failing after twenty minutes or so.

Also, I figured out why it played for 3½ without a hitch last week...

One of the things I've always enjoyed with MC's handling of these streams is that you can pause them. I've no idea how it does it, but it's great. With around ten/fifteen minutes of 'pause', the stream doesn't break. You're always that bit behind, but it doesn't break. Still no good for my wife though, who just wants to press play and get on with her day with the radio on :)

Hendrik:
This should come in 32.0.30, when that becomes available soon.

marko:
Hendrik, brilliant. Just, brilliant. When your 'go-to' things break, it induces a certain kind of stress. Feckin' computers ;)

Over an hour in on Radio 2 tonight without a hitch and still going. Thank you for your time on this. Very much appreciated.

-marko

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version