INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Netgear NeoTV 550 audio ok for only few minutes  (Read 1743 times)

sfroach

• Recent member
Netgear NeoTV 550 audio ok for only few minutes
« on: February 05, 2011, 09:11:48 pm »

Hi,
I'm trying to use a Netgear NeoTV 550 as a DLNA renderer. I'm most interested in rendering FLAC 44 kHz / 24 bit & 96/24 resolution audio files.

The NeoTV550 renders FLAC 44/24 & 96/24 ok for a few minutes. But before an entire album has completed; the media stops playing. The only way I can get the NeoTV playing again is to power cycle it. It appears to be locked up.

Ethernet network from MC PC to NeoTV.

MC is configured as DLNA Server enabled, convert unsupported formats, encode uncompressed stream, volume leveling enabled, sample rate = same as source, DLNA enabled.

I'd appreciate any ideas to permit the MC & NeoTV DLNA rendener to play reliably.

Thanks,
Steve :)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Netgear NeoTV 550 audio ok for only few minutes
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2011, 06:52:45 am »

Hi,
I'm trying to use a Netgear NeoTV 550 as a DLNA renderer. I'm most interested in rendering FLAC 44 kHz / 24 bit & 96/24 resolution audio files.

The NeoTV550 renders FLAC 44/24 & 96/24 ok for a few minutes. But before an entire album has completed; the media stops playing. The only way I can get the NeoTV playing again is to power cycle it. It appears to be locked up.

Ethernet network from MC PC to NeoTV.

MC is configured as DLNA Server enabled, convert unsupported formats, encode uncompressed stream, volume leveling enabled, sample rate = same as source, DLNA enabled.

I'd appreciate any ideas to permit the MC & NeoTV DLNA rendener to play reliably.

Thanks,
Steve :)

That could be a firmware problem.  Did you try just playing normal FLAC files only?  Switching FLAC file types between 44 and 96 might trigger the issue.
Pages: [1]   Go Up