INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lost Theater View Queries after Client/Server Sync?  (Read 2144 times)

stricko

• Galactic Citizen
Lost Theater View Queries after Client/Server Sync?
« on: February 06, 2011, 03:41:28 am »

Happily built some Theater View queries on my client under a new root level item (Movies). These worked great until I closed the client down and restarted it. Either at this point or at the next forced sync, the individual queries disappeared, leaving only the root level item.

This may not be a MC16 issue. I've seen something very similar when I had to rebuild one of my machine under MC14. I backed up the library, and everything restored OK, EXCEPT for queries under non-standard root level items.

The root level item can't be edited, and has the statement, "This Item Has No Configuration"

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Lost Theater View Queries after Client/Server Sync?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2011, 02:52:18 pm »

Theater View views are stored as a combination of library settings and local settings.  That means configuring them can cause problems in a client / server use-case.

This will be changed during v16 so that all Theater View customization is part of the library.  It's likely you will need to do view customization on the server, just like with Standard View views.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2011, 03:43:39 pm »

This will be changed during v16 so that all Theater View customization is part of the library. 

Richard and Ralf dance a little jig in celebration :D

stricko

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2011, 01:59:46 am »

Thanks for this.

But it seems in practise, making changes on the server is not 100% reliable either. If customisations are added at root level, these are not necessarily carried through from server to client. And there seems to be different behaviour if MC16 client is restarted from if you do a sync while Theater View is open.

The only method that I've found so far that seems to be consistent is to make changes on the server, within the existing root level items. This doesn't give me what I need.
Pages: [1]   Go Up