INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 15.0.174 -- Available here  (Read 19983 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Media Center 15.0.174 -- Available here
« on: February 07, 2011, 09:19:08 am »

This is the latest version of MC 15.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved. 

https://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/old/MediaCenter150174.exe

15.0.174 (2/3/2011)

1. Changed: When acquiring images from a camera, the file system dates of the acquired files are set to exactly match the dates of the files on the camera.
2. Changed: Obsidian Touchscreen (or other skins derived from Base 3.xml) will use left-alignment of rollers inside views.
3. Fixed: When switching playback engines (like from a natively supported audio file like an MP3 to a Quicktime file like an M4P) could block waiting for the first file to finish.
4. Changed: Refined how some Quicktime file types are routed to different playback engines.
5. Fixed: A typo on the Output Format DSP page.
6. Fixed: Scheduling recordings and doing file deletes from a library server client would not always sync back to the server.

15.0.173 (1/6/2011)

1. Fixed: If thumbnails were not built for files, Action Window > Tag > Image could incorrectly report <various internal images>.
2. Fixed: Pausing playback on DLNA to the JRiver Id didn't work.

15.0.172 (1/5/2011)

1. Fixed: "DVD Menu" item on OSD menu was shown without any text or graphics during DVD playback.
2. Fixed: Build 171 did not contain a digital signature.

15.0.171 (12/20/2010)

1. Changed: Minor license changes.
2. Fixed: Audio CUE files were being read with ANSI encoding so non-English characters were not displayed correctly.

15.0.170 (12/17/2010)

1. Fixed: On a fresh install, a 'Default' entry would not always be available in the list of libraries, making it hard to switch back to the default library after creating a custom library.
2. Changed: When connected to a DLNA library, the program will consider itself connected and show 'Disconnect From Library' in the menu instead of requiring selection of the last library from the libraries menu to disconnect.
3. Changed: Updated Japanese translation (thanks to KANEY).
4. Changed: Google Nexus S appears with the proper name and image instead of showing as a generic Android (may require a redetect of devices).
5. Fixed: Track Info visualizations shows a missing image instead of the logo when playing tracks with no cover art.
6. Fixed: DLNA Server, subtitles (.srt and perhaps .sub) for some BD players requiring the DLNAExtra setting (i.e. Samsung BD-Cx500). May help others as well.

15.0.169 (12/16/2010)

1. Fixed: Restoring library backup settings would not work properly (only applies to last few builds).
2. Changed: OSD menu items are reordered.
3. Changed: On initial invocation of OSD menu, up arrow shows Position OSD, down arrow shows Playing Now (Programs for TV) OSD.  Subsequent invocation of OSD menu behaves the same as before - showing menu item last shown.  Additional pressing of arrows while the menu is on cycles through the menu as before.

15.0.168 (12/15/2010)

1. Changed: "Change Display Settings" context menu in video engine will list monitor frequencies as low as 24 Hz.
2. Changed: Added "Desktop Settings" to the top of "Change Display Settings" context menu in video engine.
3. Changed: Revised wording of access key option in Options > Media Network.
4. Fixed: Stopping of UDP-based servers for Media Network would sometimes hard-kill a server thread instead of gracefully close it (please report any issues with DLNA device detection).
5. Fixed: Volume OSD was displayed at the beginning of video playback if video was played right after stopping television playback.
6. Changed: Television Programs OSD will display channel name alone if there is no programming info, instead of showing "<no programming info>".
7. Fixed: It was possible to rip a CD while connected to Library Server by using the view header rip button, even though the Action Window would correctly report that the feature is disabled when connected to a library.
8. SDK: Targeting an invalid zone with an MCWS playback command could cause a crash.
9. SDK: ZoneType was not supported properly for some MCWS functions.
10. NEW: The player display area at the top of the program allows the token [Volume] to show the current volume level.

15.0.167 (12/10/2010)

1. Fixed: Cover Art lookup / submission was not available in build 165 and 166.
2. NEW: MCWS/v1/Values uses fuzzy matching and can sort matches by relevance (used by Gizmo).

15.0.166 (12/10/2010)

1. Changed: Improved handling of AIFF files with an invalid block size specified in their SSND header (affected samples from Bravura Records).
2. Fixed: WAV playback issue (only applies to build 165).

15.0.165 (12/9/2010)

1. Fixed: Television playback was broken in build 164.
2. Changed: Made DLNA engine more tolerant of device failures, so a device is less likely to be removed.
3. Changed: Television program cleanup of old programs as specified by subscription options happens each 8 hours instead of only on program shutdown (only happens when no recording or playback is taking place).
4. Fixed: The response to SSDP UDP notifications would unnecessarily return a 500 server error code.
5. Fixed: The program could create unnecessary C:\My Music, C:\My Pictures, and C:\My Videos folders on run.
6. Fixed: Playback of live HTTP WAV or L16 streams did not work nicely (used when acting as a DLNA renderer).

15.0.164 (12/8/2010)

1. Changed: Reworked code that validates the main program's size and visibility so launching after changing monitor configurations will not result in a hidden or oversized window.
2. Fixed: M4a audio was played in video engine instead of audio engine if Playback Method was set to "Automatic".
3. Fixed: M4a audio failed to convert to other formats due to the bug in item 2 above.
4. Fixed: When playing to a DLNA renderer that does not reliably support eventing, playback would not always advance if the renderer was not the active zone.
5. Changed: Reduced the time between track changes for DLNA devices that do not support eventing.
6. NEW: The amount of edge cropping (with the "Crop Edges" option, which is now also available in DVD playback) is now configurable (under General Video Settings).
7. Fixed: Possible dead-locks when switching tabs that contained certain views.
8. SDK: Update MCWS/v1/Library/Values so that it can filter matches, return multiple fields, and sort matches by quality (allows [search suggestions in Gizmo, etc.).

15.0.163 (12/7/2010)

1. Changed: Czech language translation updated (thanks to Johnny B).
2. Changed: Improved support for DLNA device volume control for devices that use a volume range other than 0 to 100 (Philips NP2500, etc.).
3. Fixed: The MCWS volume calls would allow setting the volume to more than 100% (Spinal Tap).
4. Fixed: Attached DLNA devices could fail to appear or could take a few minutes to appear, especially when running a local media server.
5. SDK: Changed MCWS/v1/Playback/Playlist to a standard files function so it can return MPL (use &Action=Serialize to return previous serialized format).
6. SDK: Changed MCWS/v1/Library/Values to use 'Item' instead of 'Value' to be more consistent with other functions.
7. Fixed: Switching from Theater View or image playback to Standard View to certain threaded views could hang (only a problem in last few builds).
8. NEW: Added support for MSB byte-ordered integer audio formats to the ASIO output plugin (Int16MSB, Int24MSB, Int32MSB16, Int32MSB18, Int32MSB20, Int32MSB24, Int32MSB).
9. Changed: DLNA server, more accurate detection of videos that can be played without transcoding for WMC compatible devices (Xbox 360).
10. Fixed: DLNA server, WMC compatible devices (Xbox 360) were not presenting all avi's that could be played without conversion.
11. Fixed: Enabling Dolby Digital output in DSP Studio when using ASIO could cause a crash.
12. Changed: Improved efficiency of ASIO buffer filling system.
13. Changed: Significantly improved performance of JRiver URL Reader filter for YouTube playback.
14. Fixed: When deleting a list item in Theater View, the file info panel image could go away until manually selecting a different item.

15.0.162 (12/6/2010)

1. Fixed: Doing a fresh install with build 160 or 161 would not work (uninstall, reboot, and reinstall this build if you have this problem)
2. Fixed: The uninstaller could have visual gaps on the window border using the Noire skin.
3. Changed: Samsung Galaxy Tab appears with a full name and image instead of as a generic Android (may require redetect of devices).

15.0.161 (12/3/2010)

1. Fixed: DLNA Server, PS3 video "convert when necessary" add xvid as natively playable media.
2. Fixed: Possible rare crash when DLNA devices left the network.
3. SDK: Added 'AccessKey' to MCWS/v1/Alive response.
4. Changed: Reverted to using a simple reader instead of a more sophisticated buffering reader for Library Server audio playback (new reader to return later).

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Cheers
Re: Media Center 15.0.174 -- Available here
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2011, 09:38:25 pm »

Just thought you might want to know that since 174 when you export Album Art it names it with [Artist] - [Album Artist (auto)] - [Album Artist (auto)].jpg where in the past it has been [Artist] - [Album Artist (auto)].jpg
I found this when I ripped a new cd and the album art in my rainmeter skin/gadget didn't work with it after saving Album art to specified folder.

Current save format:[Artist] - [Album Artist (auto)] - [Album Artist (auto)]
Bon Jovi - Bon Jovi Greatest Hits - The Ultimate Collection - Bon Jovi Greatest Hits - The Ultimate Collection.jpg
Previous save format:[Artist] - [Album Artist (auto)]
Bon Jovi - Bon Jovi Greatest Hits - The Ultimate Collection.jpg
Sean

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2011, 11:45:48 am »

Just thought you might want to know that since 174 when you export Album Art it names it with [Artist] - [Album Artist (auto)] - [Album Artist (auto)].jpg where in the past it has been [Artist] - [Album Artist (auto)].jpg...

I can't reproduce this. The audio cover art files are named according to the [Album Artist (auto)] - [Album] rule (if "Folder.jpg" is not selected). This has not changed.

[Artist] - [Album Artist (auto)] would not make sense. It would produce names like "Bon Jovi - Bon Jovi.jpg" (which would be correct only for Bon Jovi's eponymous debut album. The other Bon Jovi albums would incorrectly use the same cover art file.)

[Artist] - [Album Artist (auto)] - [Album Artist (auto)] would produce names like "Bon Jovi - Bon Jovi - Bon Jovi.jpg".
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Cheers
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2011, 12:10:28 pm »

It's not doing it now ?
I swear my computer is possessed!
Sean

Adhoc

My configuration is:
   Encoder: uncompressed wave
   Delete temporary wave files when encoding is done
   Normalize 95% before encoding
   Audio output: Asio
After 2 or 3 consecutive rippings, MC doesn’t respond.
 I have to close the application by the windows task manager and restart the application to return operational.

-----------------------------------
I cleaned the PC via a ''registry cleaner'' and the problem with MC is solved. The installation of MC was on a brand new PC using Windows 7.

roognation

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Resistance is /dev/null
Delayed Response - Inside the Performer Store
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2011, 07:12:18 pm »

Performer Store...delayed response.  I can start a sample track (e.g. The Black Keys -> Brother -> Howlin' For You) and the track starts playing just fine.  When I click the stop button after about 5-10 seconds, the track keeps on playing for 7.6 seconds.  Repeatable.  Tried on different tracks, too.  The display stop updating the track progress and timer, too.  Kinda like MC15 is frozen while trying to do something.

Funny thing is that a couple of times, MC15 stopped right away as expected.  Not able to duplicate that.

==
roognation
human electrode

F1 fan

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2011, 07:13:41 pm »

I tried to download .174 to update from .173 but after the process I get a failed to download message.Any ideas ?

roognation

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2011, 07:18:41 pm »

Just tried the link at the top; still works for me (popup: save file as...).
==
roognation
human electrode

F1 fan

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2011, 07:38:19 pm »

Thanks that link worked,the one in the check for updates under Help for some reason did not.

leoric

• World Citizen
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2011, 01:28:00 pm »

"Use gapless for sequential album tracks" doesn't work. But if Switch tracks set as gapless then it's ok.
Album name - "The Dark Side of the Moon [4.1]", file format - dts.

mb1

• Recent member
Cd/Folder import not working on 2000+ CD database
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2011, 02:17:43 pm »

The import function does not accept any more CDs. Collection of 2000 CDs. I have a large batch of 100 CDs as folders\files. I did a new database import and same result-did not import CDs. Created a new database for just the 100 and the import of only the 100 works fine. Does that mean I have reached the size limit?

Zootsuit

• World Citizen
  • too cool for school
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2011, 09:34:18 pm »

Import function does not work in 15.0.174. Clicking on radio button the program hangs without responding, have to kill it with Task Manager, must drag and drop from Windows Explorer to update.

System info here FWIW:

Media Center 15.0.174 Registered -- C:\Program Files (x86)\J River\Media Center 15\

Microsoft Windows Vista 6.0 Service Pack 2 (Build 6002)
Intel Core 2 2665 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 4194 MB, Free - 1719 MB

Internet Explorer: 8.0.6001.19019 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.6002 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.6002 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.6002 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive E:   Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive E: TSSTcorp CDDVDW TS-H653Q    Addr: 0:1:0  Speed:40  MaxSpeed:40  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /

Portable Device Info
  Removed devices:

Interface Plugins:
  TiVo Server (Active)

HTPC4ME

• LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2011, 07:31:02 pm »

possible bug...

when playing .wmv files you can not skip ahead\fast forward,if you chose windows media player instead of jriver then it allows you to move forward, but then on the clients every time a .wmv file is next in playing now then the username\password pops up. if you choose to remember user name and password, the box still pops up. once you enter in info then the files can be skipped ahead\fast forwarded, but the dialog always pops up.
(if i chose jriver then file plays fine with no dialog popping up but i cannot skip forward\fast forward)

thanks

roognation

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2011, 04:04:26 pm »

Possible improvement:
I just burned an Audio CD using volume leveling to keep the disc audio levels similar.  I wanted to burn a 2nd disc, so after the first one ejected and I was presented with the popup: "burn, print, quit"  I clicked on BURN.  Surprisingly, MC15 decided to "prepare" the audio files for the 2nd disc.  Since I am burning a second exact copy, I would have used the temporary files created for the 1st burn.
==
roognation
human electrode

roognation

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2011, 03:17:21 pm »

Possible bug: display does not seem to update properly.  I just finished updating the artwork (from a clipboard image, no Duran Duran Rio available via Get From Internet?!?!?) and double clicked on the first track.  Display did not update, see lower left corner of the attached image.

Thx
Mike
==
roognation
human electrode

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2011, 09:18:36 am »

DLNA conversion problem was split here:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=63499.0

Hawaii

• Recent member
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2012, 02:55:28 pm »

Dear JimH, I am using MC15 and have had to re import my 1.2TB music files on a NAS. Previouly it was relatively quick to do but this time it has taken 1 day to import 290GB and the rate has slowed right down. Any ideas on how to speed up the import process? Thx Andrew

john sherman

« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2013, 08:10:31 pm »

i ha to make a new email account because I cannot get into my old account. my codes to get the media are in the old email address so how can I get my codes back and get them sent to my new email address

Sincerely John Sherman

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2013, 09:33:19 pm »

If you remember your password, you can change it yourself here on the Restore Page.

john sherman

« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2013, 01:46:08 pm »

I have change my email address on here already. the problem is that my codes I have are in the old email address that I cannot get into. I am having to use the trial media center because I do not have the codes. I have already paid for the media center with the old email address but since I cannot get into the old email address I cannot get my codes. so how can I get my codes sent to my new email address so I can have  my codes back and be able to get my media back so I can get off this trial thing. all I am needing is my codes sent to my ne email so I can have my codes and get my media back on my computer.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2013, 02:24:56 pm »

I just sent you your license.  It uses the new address.

Dave Scott

« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2019, 06:05:12 pm »

so cant pay to enjoy full player

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2019, 12:45:13 am »

Pages: [1]   Go Up