More > Media Center 16 (Development Ended)

Blu-ray support using LAV Filters

(1/25) > >>

jmone:
For a summary see the Everything about Blu-ray / HD-DVD playback in MC thread at http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=55171.msg375378

==============================
Would it be worth an invite to nevcairiel (over at Doom9 as well) who is actively developing LAVFSplitter (based of ffmpeg) / LAV Audio Decoder : http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=156191 to play with JR?

I've been pretty impressed with his work and responsiveness to date with these filters and I'm sure that he would be another asset (if he wanted to play) to the development of MC in the direct show Video area.  What do you think?

Thanks
Nathan

jmone:
Just thinking outloud on getting a std set of filters that will work for the users "out of the box" and gives a consistant high quality output for Direct Show Playback that we can recommend or even have installed as "Std",
1) Splitter: LAVFSplitter still has some bugs he is working on, but it basically works with everthing I've tested it on
2) Audio Decoder: Likewise the LAV Audio Decoder is simple and decodes everything to PCM and works with JR's Audio Renderer.  The only issues I've found is that like with all other open source Audio Decoders it only does the DTS-MA Core but nevcairiel plans to put an option in to disable this so we can use the hacked Arcsoft HD Audio Decoder for this.  It seems to not like the DTV playback.
3) Video Decoder: ?
4) Audio Renderer: JR's
5) Video Renderer: madVR

The only other filter I'm having to load at present is DirectVobSub for subs....

madshi:

--- Quote from: jmone on February 10, 2011, 02:17:23 am ---Would it be worth an invite to nevcairiel (over at Doom9 as well) who is actively developing LAVFSplitter (based of ffmpeg) / LAV Audio Decoder : http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=156191 to play with JR?

I've been pretty impressed with his work and responsiveness to date with these filters and I'm sure that he would be another asset (if he wanted to play) to the development of MC in the direct show Video area.  What do you think?
--- End quote ---

I'm not sure if it's worth it. His filters should be compatible with any media player without needing any specific adjustment. So him playing with MC would probably not bring any benefit, neither to MC nor to his filters. The situation is different with madVR because the media player needs custom code to make madVR work.

Matt:
First, it's one of the most helpful things for us when users that are active other places help nudge people our way.  We'll get involved or help when we can.

As for the video decoder, I've had good luck with FFDShow.  I just wish it wasn't so complicated.  It doesn't really work with DVD, it requires enabling a bunch of codecs that are off by default, and you need to enable Deinterlacing (and pick from a huge list of types) if you want to use it with madVR and 1080i television (which is a big percentage of my content).  Then, I'm not sure what having the Deinterlacing filter enabled is doing when the video isn't interlaced, say 720p television.

mojave:
Matt, could you please export and post (change the extension to txt) your ffdshow settings using "Export All Settings" on the bottom of the video decoder configuration window. I'd like to try them. Having various ffdshow configuration files available might be helpful.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version