INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Files are added to the server while the HTPC sleeps, how to refresh HTPC....  (Read 2572 times)

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

If files are added to the server while the HTPC sleeps, the HTPC does not update with the new files when it wakes up. How do I force this issue without restarting MC on the HTPC?

-marko

BryanC

• MC Beta Team

Map a key on your remote to run:

MC16.exe /MCC 23020,1

marko

• MC Beta Team

OK, so I attempted to have a look at this today, and something doesn't feel right...

I go to "Tools > Options > Remote Control" and the "Commands" link is dead (no clicky hand cursor). What's that all about then?

The other PC, with no receiver of any kind, has an active commands area. What am I missing on the HTPC?

I have two MCE remote controls here, both are working just fine with the HTPC, and I was hoping to map one of the buttons I don't use to this refresh command....

-marko.

marko

• MC Beta Team

According to this thread, started by gappie over in the v15 forum, it should be possible to edit the commands issued by by buttons n the MCE remote control...

The HTPC has an integrated IR receiver, not an USB one. I would not expect that to make a difference... would it?

marko

• MC Beta Team

I've discovered why my Commands option was not clickable, and think it's a bug, and will report it as such. Just in case someone else bumps into it in the meantime, here's the cause and solution:

I'm running Windows 7 on the HTPC, and using the display option found at "Control Panel\Appearance and Personalization\Display" I set the font to "Medium 125%" to make things easier to read on the telly which runs at 1920 x 1080. At this 125% setting, the remote control "Commands" option is unclickable. Setting the display back to 100%, which requires a log off/on, restored said functionality.

Map a key on your remote to run:

MC16.exe /MCC 23020,1
MCC 23020 (run auto import) didn't work for me, but MCC 20032 (sync with library server) did the job nicely. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction and big thanks too to gappie and JohnT for doing the ground work that made that possible in the first place.

-marko

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!

The size issue will be fixed in a coming build.

Thanks for letting us know.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up