INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: File format for Twonky Server rendering to a JRiver ID  (Read 1607 times)

machtman

• Recent member
File format for Twonky Server rendering to a JRiver ID
« on: February 18, 2011, 08:19:15 am »

Hi
All of my CDs are ripped and converted to FLAC format with metadata by dbPowerAmp. They are now stored on my QNAP NAS, which has a DLNA server running over Twonky 5. MC15 on a Windows 7 PC can access the same files via Windows filesharing and can also act as a DLNA server.

I want to play these on my audiophile-quality stereo system by wireless via a JRiver ID. According to JimH, the ID can't understand FLAC format and only accepts WAV or MP3. MC15 can stream the the music to the ID because its DLNA server converts file formats on the fly. However, the default settings for Twonky apparently send the FLAC files and these are not understood by the ID. (When I send them to MC15 or my iPad, it works fine.)

I would prefer using the QNAP as a DLNA server instead of MC15 to avoid having to keep the PC on all the time. Does anybody know how to tell a Twonky 5 server to convert from FLAC to WAV? Alternatively, I could convert all the files to a different lossless format with dbPowerAmp but I had the impression that metatags don't export to WAV? (And I don't want to convert to a lossy format such as MP3). Any tips on how to solve this problem?

thanks
Mark
Pages: [1]   Go Up