INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Error Playing .MKV files (SOLVED)  (Read 5733 times)

famu97

• Junior Woodchuck
Error Playing .MKV files (SOLVED)
« on: February 17, 2011, 08:34:44 pm »

I've just ripped this blu-ray movie to .mkv using DVDFab8 Blu-ray Ripper and it won't playback in MC v15 or v16.0.32.  the mkv is H.264+HD Master Audio.  I've tried and selected every setting and every combination of settings under Options -> Video -> mkv.  When ever I try to play back an mkv file it says "opening" and then it errors out with one of a couple of error codes ("DirectShow: Cannot play back the file.  The format is not supported. Code=0x80040265") depending on what settings I've selected.  I've tried JRiver video engine (using DirectShow filter) and every combination of settings under that.  Why won't it play back this mkv file???

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Error Playing .MKV files
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2011, 08:37:36 pm »

Try using the Haali splitter and FFDShow for the audio and video decoder.

You may need to configure FFDShow to enable MPEG and VC-1 support.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2011, 08:53:55 pm »

Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

famu97

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2011, 03:59:32 pm »

More details here:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=55171

I've set it to use fddshow audio & video decoder and I've enabled VC-1 in configuration but still no luck with playing back mkv file. I have not tried another splitter since DVDFab8 is what I have.  Any thoughts on why it doesn't playback an mkv file using DVDFab8?

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2011, 04:46:19 pm »

I've set it to use fddshow audio & video decoder and I've enabled VC-1 in configuration but still no luck with playing back mkv file. I have not tried another splitter since DVDFab8 is what I have.  Any thoughts on why it doesn't playback an mkv file using DVDFab8?

It could be caused by lack of a certain DirectShow filters on your computer.  If your system does not have a splitter filter that can handle the type of files that you try to play, the error occurs.  As Matt suggested, installing Haali Media Splitter may just solve the problem.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

famu97

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Error Playing .MKV files (SOLVED)
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2011, 04:03:59 pm »

i installed the Haaili splitter and i can now playback mkv files.  No audio on playback of m2ts files though but hey 1 out of 2 ain't bad