INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I can't avoid it forever  (Read 1195 times)

DarkPenguin

• Citizen of the Universe
I can't avoid it forever
« on: February 20, 2011, 12:42:25 pm »

Sooner or later I'm going to have to go outside and crank up the snow blower....

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!

Magic_Randy

• MC Beta Team
  • I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..
Re: I can't avoid it forever
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2011, 12:49:05 pm »

Spring is only a couple months away, I'd hold out.

DarkPenguin

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2011, 01:10:46 pm »

If I still had the SUV I would..

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2011, 01:50:43 pm »

I have a friend here who has lived in Maine for years and years, and somehow she has managed to never lift a single shovel-full of snow since she moved here.  It amazes me the dedication with which she adheres to her hatred of shoveling.

Impressive.  If you know anything about this state, you know that there isn't exactly a thriving public transportation system, and that stuff is quite spread out.  For example, the closest grocery store to where she lives is a good 15 minute drive away, and that's a little "community" store barely better than a convenience store.  The closest full-sized store is a good 40 minutes away.

Now it certainly helps that she is cute...and a girl.  But it isn't just that she always flutters her eyelashes and some man comes along and shovels her out (though that is certainly known to happen).  She just doesn't much care about her car and getting places and things like that.  If she gets snowed in while at home, and she really needs to get somewhere, she just abandons her car and walks/hitchhikes.  If she gets snowed in at work and can't manage to plow her way out (she has a Camry so we aren't talking a car that can drive over anything), she just abandons it and walks into town where there's always a friend or two willing to let her crash.  In a day or two it'll be better, she figures (and it usually is).

She does get parking tickets a lot, of course.  But those are easily ignored in this town.  ;)
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up