INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Library & search doesn't include CD media  (Read 666 times)

tak0

Media Library & search doesn't include CD media
« on: June 08, 2002, 04:39:13 pm »

When I click on Media Library, I don't see any of the CD's that I've listened to.   They only show up under "CD and DVD media"!   I want to be able to see everything and use the Find/Search capabilities.   I've tried a couple of the things on Removeable Media in the Help file.   I've created a Playlist for the different media types.   How can I do a search that will find results from both the main & cd database?

tak0

RE:Media Library & search doesn't include CD media
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2002, 05:04:16 pm »

I was able to perform a work around by using the following rule "(location=[c:\" OR location=[(0x") ~d=mc" (without the endquotes) and inserting my search word before it.  This seems to be a stupid way to perform a search on everything in my Library!  There has to be a better way!!!  Is this a bug???

lise

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2002, 06:11:42 pm »

See the help file, 2nd table under "How to...Manage Playlists" then "Smartlist RUles" and go to "Search Modifyers".  

All you need is ~d=c to search only your cd database, or ~d-cm to search both the cd database and the main database.
A wise man once said don't count your years, but make your years count. Or was it beers?

tak0

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2002, 07:27:11 pm »

Thanks, I've already looked at that.  By the way, if I just enter ~d=cm I don't get everything in my library.  I get the all the CD info but not not all my disk files. Odd!  I have to have this "(location=[c:\" OR location=[(0x") ~d=mc" in the Search Criteria box to get the correct view & numbers in the bottom status.

I also need to put the above in the preset View Scheme's search criteria to have it include my CD's included in that view.

In my opinion, what's needed is an Toggle button to Include/Exclude the CD database.  This should be built into the program.
Pages: [1]   Go Up