INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC16.032- How can I get Video with Directv2PC?  (Read 3498 times)

Ekpen

• Citizen of the Universe
MC16.032- How can I get Video with Directv2PC?
« on: February 21, 2011, 02:40:34 am »

Greetings all:
I have been finding ways to watch recordings stored in my 3 Directv dvrs. I do have the Directv "home-Network". I am able to watch any stored movies or shows from one dvr  and hop to another dvr, even my music plays with no issues from these dvrs.
Since installing Mc16.032, I have tried to even make my setup display the menu on these dvr with no success.
I do have a temp server , an Acer Aspire 9800, with Win 7 x64, 4 gig memory, GO7600 Nvidia graphic card.
In my "Options", setup, I tried in the Media Network  Generic DLNA, Medium Mpeg4 bandwith, with no success. At times I also used "High MPEG4" bandwith convertion, no success.
I also tried these setup with PS3, and Xbox360, I succeeded in playing music only on the machines, but no Video.
Now, I will aprreciate someone who had successfully set up PS3, Xbox 360 for watching movies. Also more important to me is the new MC16.0.32, setup to at least let me see the contents of Directv2PC.
I used the exe.. Directv2PC.exe to try to load the Dvrs, no luck, I even installed PDVD version 7-Cyberlink, no luck.
I will by first week of March purchase Power dvd Ultra. Is this a good choice of software to use as external program to watch movies,
 including 3D?

I will appreciate some input.
Thanks in advance.
Ekpen.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: MC16.032- How can I get Video with Directv2PC?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2011, 09:08:31 am »

Media Center can only see DLNA-comliant hardware.  Is the DirectTV box supposed to be DLNA compliant?

Sorry but we don't have any first hand experience with this hardware.  Maybe another user will have more to add.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Ekpen

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2011, 10:45:58 am »

I think so. After installing MC16.0.31, all my dvr, three of them were listed.I also have 5 other non dvr by Directv, in other rooms, I can play audio or watch movies from any where in the house.
The old MC 15 was not able to see these dvrs.
I am just looking for a setup that will load the movies or contents from MC 16.0.36
Anyway, I hope to upgrade the Cyberlink to version 10 Ultra, any day from now.

Does any one know the correct setup for Xbox 360, and Ps3. I have used "convert unsurported media, medium mpeg4 bandwith, High Mpeg4 bandwith", all I get is "unsurported Media" .
I am really concerned about the dvrs anyway.
Thanks for your response.
Ekpen.

Ekpen

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2011, 02:01:59 am »

Media Center can only see DLNA-comliant hardware.  Is the DirectTV box supposed to be DLNA compliant?

Sorry but we don't have any first hand experience with this hardware.  Maybe another user will have more to add.

ALL  versions of MC 16 lists  Directv2pc mc sees all three  dvr-22.
Thanks.
Ekpen.
Pages: [1]   Go Up