INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: girder problem losing focus after full screen (ctrl-w)  (Read 1350 times)

Riff

girder problem losing focus after full screen (ctrl-w)
« on: June 08, 2002, 03:13:42 pm »

I was told to repost my problem here dealing with girder so hopefully the right people can read it and help me fix the problem.

The problem I have is that after I press ctrl-w to go to full screen mode and then press it again to go back to regular mode, MJ loses focus. That means I have to click on the MJ screen again to be able to use the keyboard with MJ. This is a problem for me because I use MJ with girder and a pronto (on a HTPC) and will not be using a keyboard/mouse combination.

I have found that the problem only occurs when visualizations is selected as the display plugin.  If none or trackinfo is selected, MJ does not lose focus.

I am using the latest Girder version 3.2 and have downloaded the exported group (MJ 8.0) from girder's website and the girder plugin from MJ's website.

Does anyone have the same problem?  I was told that they cannot reproduce the losing focus.  Also, I believe I may be able to solve this using girder if it can't be solved via MJ.  Thanks in advance.

cjdshaw

RE:girder problem losing focus after full screen (ctrl-w)
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2002, 04:45:06 pm »

I also have this problem, although I'm still running b280 so I don't know if it still happens. However, I have remote buttons mapped to Ctrl-2 (Playing now) and Ctrl-3 (Media library) and either of these gets you your focus back. I also have one for Alt-Left which returns you to where you were, if that's important.

Riff

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2002, 12:45:23 pm »

Thanks for your help.  I will put those buttons on my pronto.  It would be better if MJ would not lose focus in the first place, but the workaround will be fine for now.

Thanks again,

Riff

cjdshaw

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2002, 03:07:51 pm »

That's OK. Maybe if we keep bumping this topic, they'll fix it. Next Page

PhatPhreddy

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Cosmic Comic
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2002, 11:13:02 pm »

Have you tried playing with the target variables including not 'sending to first match only' and sending to invisibe windows ??

I will try and get some time to look at this as it is purely a targetting issue I suspesct and should be fixable in the GML... I have to admit I did have some target problems and just trialed and errored until it did what it was supposed to.. I guess more testing was in order...
Phreddy@PhatPhreddy.net ICQ# 168975535
HTPC Front ends  

cjdshaw

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2002, 10:40:16 am »

It's not just a Girder thing because it happens with the keyboard on my laptop that doesn't have Girder installed.

Repro steps:
Play an mp3
Go to Playing now
Set the Display plugin to Visualisations
Press Ctrl-W
Press Ctrl-W again.
Press Tab and the arrow keys a lot. Nothing happens.
Press Ctrl-3 to go to Media Lib then Ctrl-2 to go back to Playing Now
Press Tab and the arrow keys a lot. Things happen

JimH

• Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2002, 10:43:58 am »

There was another thread here about focus problems that concluded with the fact that it could be solved by disabling "always take control of file types" under MJ settings/options/file associations.  

We're not happy with what we have to do to monitor and re-claim file types.  It's a result of some misguided work that Real is doing to steal file types from other players.  

You might also have to stop Media Scheduler.
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

Riff

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2002, 11:50:44 pm »

I have disabled both "always take control of file types" and Media Scheduler and this problem still exists.  Did that fix the problem for you, cjdshaw?

I have installed MJ on four computers and this "bug" is apparent in all of them.  I have tried enabling and disabling "always take control."  This is not the problem, I do not believe.  

Again, it is only if visualizations is enabled.  Follow the steps that cjdshaw wrote, and I am almost positive everyone will lose focus as well.

cjdshaw

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2002, 04:12:03 pm »

I've never used "Always take control of file types" or Media Scheduler.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2002, 08:12:45 pm »

The visualizations are giving themselves the focus when you switch modes.  We need to make it so you can "tab out" of a display plugin.  Hang with us and we'll get it fixed...

Thanks everyone.

-Matt
JRiver, Inc.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up