INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problems re-syncing library  (Read 1252 times)

stricko

• Galactic Citizen
Problems re-syncing library
« on: February 23, 2011, 02:30:18 pm »

Hi, I've got a server and 2 clients. Everything is working fine re playback etc. but I have a query about syncing my library from a client. The clients are purely for playback, and I never want to push any library changes back from the client to the server. But there will be times when I want to re-sync the libray from the client side, to pick up new files etc. added to the server.  The main problem is the HTPC which I try to work exclusively in theatre view. I've added an external program item, calling the MCC command to re-sync. and this works fine..... until I have played a file. After any file has been played, the re-sync fails with the message saying I need to set authentication on. I'm guessing that the client library is recording that the file has been played. This is all within my home networkl so I don't see why I need authentication (as per the wiki)

The client option to resync changes is OFF, so why is this failing?

(MC16.0.32, W7 32bit)

stricko

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Problems re-syncing library
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2011, 01:35:49 pm »

No one got any ideas on this?

stricko

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Problems re-syncing library - workaround
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2011, 07:29:53 am »

OK guys, thanks to everyone who looked at this, but as you can see, I didn't get any sort of repsonse.

The wiki stuff suggests that Authentication is only required/desirable if you are exposing your server to the internet. In practise, it seems to be required if you are going to re-sync from anywhere, including your own network.

My requirement is still only to get changes from the server out to clients and not vice versa. So to get round this, I changed my external program command on the clients. from /MCC 20032, which attempts to re-sync, to /Library [library name], which just reloads the existing library.

This works a treat. The only thing I'd like, if it were possible, would be a confirmation message. The libary sync command comes back to theatre view with a nice confirmation message, but the library load does not. Any ideas?

Pages: [1]   Go Up