INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Output directory could not be created for one or more file  (Read 5362 times)

kingfisher47

• Recent member
Output directory could not be created for one or more file
« on: January 21, 2011, 08:35:18 am »

One problem I do not understand at all as a newbee : Sometimes MC will not rip my CD  and send the message :  the message output directory could not be created for one or more file , check the output directory options

When I do ( under options menu) I do not see where the problem is, because the output directory file has been chosen.

Thanks for helping

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Output directory could not be created for one or more file
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2011, 08:40:07 am »

One problem I do not understand at all as a newbee : Sometimes MC will not rip my CD  and send the message :  the message output directory could not be created for one or more file , check the output directory options
Are you ripping to a network drive?

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2011, 10:27:48 am »

I have seen this before and for me it was because the Album name had a "special" character in it.  My ripping folder is specified as "[Artist] - [Album]" and I got this error when the Album name had a dash (-) in it.  When I removed the dash from the Album name before ripping everything was fine.
-Craig    MO 4Media remote and player:  Android/TV/Auto | iOS | Windows 10/UWP

kingfisher47

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2011, 12:19:03 pm »

No I am not I have 3 Drives on My Pc and it is independant of the drive

kingfisher47

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2011, 12:21:28 pm »

Thank Youvery much  I also think its is dependant on the CD;  I will Try the" -"  Trick Thanks

jazid

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2011, 09:01:43 am »

I have MC15 which I have just installed on a new PC. I am having the same problem, among others, with the output directory not being created for one or more files. Please excuse me if this is old ground, I have done a quick search and found only this thread. Computer is 1155 board with I5 processor Win7/64, 3 drives of which one is a dedicated music drive (M).

I have tried the hyphen trick, it didn't work on my Monteverdi Choir disc. I now tried a Mozart disk (thankfully empty of hyphens). The program at first made the cd spinner work like a saw moving back and forth with no apparent purpose, and having interrupted that it now appears to be ripping all 26 tracks very slowly at the same time! Media jukebox wasn't so buggy.

What on earth have I done wrong, and is there a sensible solution?

jazid

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2011, 01:21:10 pm »

HI All,
curiouser and curiouser; I made an obvious error with the track ripping all at once - I had put the option to string all the tracks together on. Now sorted. The disk that wouldn't rip is now ripping. It seems that the Album title was not only over-hyphened but also over long. Removing the hyphens didn't solve the issue, shortening the name did. Looks like a lot of re-naming ahead! Can anyone point me towards an effective way of representing classical music on the MC interface?

Thanks in advance

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2011, 01:31:13 pm »

Did you try a shorter directory name?
Pages: [1]   Go Up