INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Will v16 support satellite/cable tv?  (Read 2267 times)

lise

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Will v16 support satellite/cable tv?
« on: February 24, 2011, 05:00:02 pm »

I'm getting desperate. I have to upgrade my HTPC to Win7 and my PVR software has stopped development (Beyond TV). I'd love to use MC but I have a satellite.

Should I go ahead and find an alternate product or is this something that is on the v16 radar?

It would be nice to have another TV channel type - "External channels" that MC can match with guide data.  Then MC would need to hook the channels to IR blaster and at the same time tune to one of the composite/svideo "channels". 

This capability does not exist in MC, not yet.  It may be a while before I figure out what is possible.
A wise man once said don't count your years, but make your years count. Or was it beers?

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Cheers
Re: Will v16 support satellite/cable tv?
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2011, 05:29:11 pm »

I have Win 7 x64 premium, Dish Network and use BTV 4.9.3 (Build 6535) it works fine.
MC16 does have support for set top boxes also, IMO BTV is a better PVR solution though.
Sean

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2011, 05:43:02 pm »

You can teach an MC Remote to tune a cable box now.  If you have one, go to the learning section for the remote in options.

lise

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2011, 06:50:02 pm »

I have Win 7 x64 premium, Dish Network and use BTV 4.9.3 (Build 6535) it works fine.

Really? That's good news. I read a thread in the snapstream forum in which only 1 guy out of many got it to work fine with Win7 64bit. Perhaps it is you!

You can teach an MC Remote to tune a cable box now.  If you have one, go to the learning section for the remote in options.

I'm not sure how that applies to PVR-ing though. If you have to be there to change the channel seems to me it defeats the purpose.
A wise man once said don't count your years, but make your years count. Or was it beers?

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Cheers
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2011, 09:13:20 pm »

Really? That's good news. I read a thread in the snapstream forum in which only 1 guy out of many got it to work fine with Win7 64bit. Perhaps it is you!

Nope wasn't me, I was never aware of a problem between BTV and Win7. I installed Win7 and all my usual apps and everything worked without a hitch
with one exception that being something that must not have been too important cause I can't remember what it was. I guess if you go to a forum you
don't really hear from the people that never had a problem. Was there a common problem or would it not run at all, maybe I have not tried what was
causing the failure. I only use it for scheduling and do all my post processing with alternate programs when so inclined.

I failed to mention earlier there are many features to MC that make it worth every penny so you should give strong consideration to using it for other things.
I have been using MC since MC12 and will never use anything else for a media player/manager unless something catastrophic happens nothing comes close to it IMHO for everything except a PVR solution, that is coming along though.
Sean
Pages: [1]   Go Up