INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Library Server  (Read 1848 times)

gottwavo

• World Citizen
Library Server
« on: February 25, 2011, 05:13:04 am »

I can not connect to the library server. When I test the connection from the Options window it tells me to allow acces on port 80 in the firewall even when the firewall is switched off. Can you help?

MrHaugen

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Library Server
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2011, 05:58:38 am »

It helps if you give some more info. Where you are connecting from. Outside your house or network, or inside. Do you have one router/firewall, or do you have more? You're trying to connect a MC client to another MC client/server right? To play files over the network, that is stored and organized at your server?

It's good to get the basics straight so we don't have to give you pages of irrelevant answers :)
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

gottwavo

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2011, 06:18:08 am »

a) this is from inside
b) it is from a client to a server. Client in living room, server in server room
c) test already does not work from MC on the server. When I go toTTool --> Options --> aon access key test connection to this server, I get the window saying "Library Server could not be registered ... Please configure your router an fireall to allow incoming traffic on port 80" even when the firewall is switched off.
d) System ist Windows 7
e) everything worked fine with MC 15.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2011, 06:30:46 am »

Maybe you have MC15's server running, too.  The default port is 52199.  Try that.  Try 52198.

A firewall may be blocking access on one machine or the other.

gottwavo

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2011, 03:15:47 pm »

It's working now. I opened te firewall for the default port. It then did not work yet. I started MC several times on the server and the client did this and that and finally had a new code to access the server from the client.

It works now, but don't ask why ...
Pages: [1]   Go Up