INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Thank you for the reviews  (Read 1797 times)

JimH

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
Thank you for the reviews
« on: June 08, 2002, 06:19:28 am »

CNET listed MJ 8.0 yesterday, and today there are 12 reviews from users.  Here's the page:

http://download.com.com/3302-2167-10118266.html

Approval rating is at 100%.  Incredible!  It won't stay at 100%, but I just want to say "thanks".

It was fun to read them all, but this one, from Claudio, confirmed that our method of development has been working:

"Users are actively involved in the beta program, and not just for bug fixing and such, but in the actual product development: the MJ team listen to suggestion and has an amazing turnaround time in coding the suggestions that make sense for the entire user base, mantaining the overall design philosophy of MJ. "

Thanks again for your involvement and support.

Jim
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

nila

RE:Thank you for the reviews
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2002, 07:39:20 am »

Now all we have to do is download it lots and lots of times so that the number of recorded downloads shoots right up and that way it'll go up to the top of the list when people sort it by download numbers which I often do when looking for a new type of software as lots of downloads suggests a good program Next Page

Bipolar

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2002, 07:42:27 am »

Well, it's still at 100% and I reposted my review this morning to keep it at 100%.

sekim

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2002, 07:47:06 am »

I finally gave the world my thumbs up review. Glad to see the approval ratings so high. Next Page

Jaundiced

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2002, 08:42:31 am »

I intend to post my positive review after I hear back from you on whether the try free for 30 days and then the wheels fall off license scheme will stay.  I like that license.  I want to compose it so that it is punchy, but I will post before Monday.  See my longer post on license details and ideas.

Jaundiced Eye

shelly

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2002, 08:52:19 am »

I finally posted my review - just can't say enough positive things about MJ.  I feel like I'm part of the company Next Page Now, back to scrubbing decks - ugh.

Shelly
Go Wings! (Tonight at 8:00 against the N.C. Hurricanes)

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2002, 10:23:56 am »

Shelly

Since I Am From N.C. And The Hurricanes Are Only 60 Miles From Me I will Be On The Other Side Of The Glass As You

http://www.hurricanes.com/
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

claudio

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2002, 11:10:49 am »

Jim,

you are welcome! We just love to spread the joy...

Claudio

Charlemagne 8

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2002, 01:26:00 pm »

Funny thing. Nina quotes from "Valisystem>I just had the same thing happen last night on Windows XP Professional I would NOT touch this program with a ten foot pole."
and yet Valisystem has given a positive review. I suppose anybody could SAY they were Valisystem.
That's right.
I'm cool.

JimH

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2002, 02:42:51 pm »

We're looking over a cliff here, C8 (and jazzwolf).  Forgive me for the edits.
Jim Hillegass

Jazzwolf

• World Citizen
  • Jazz, Classic Rock, Classic 70's NY Salsa
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2002, 02:47:49 pm »

>>We're looking over a cliff here, C8 (and jazzwolf). Forgive me for the edits<<

JimH,
No problem. I'm sure you had your reasons, It just ticks me off when someone makes a statement that has no basis in fact. Hey, this is my home
It's alright now, I learned my lesson well, you see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself - Rick Nelson

JimH

« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2002, 03:37:37 pm »

jazzwolf,
Glad you feel that way.  We're trying to keep it sane here, and it sometimes takes a dive.  Identity problems.

Jim
knows who he is
and likes it
Jim Hillegass

Charlemagne 8

« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2002, 05:37:45 pm »

No problem here, either. I figured a screen name was public territory. At least I got to keep part of mine. S'Okay, though. I think I'll go compose a review.
CVIII
That's right.
I'm cool.

shelly

« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2002, 05:44:10 pm »

King,
I haven't been home since yesterday morning, so just saw your message.  I have to say that the Hurricanes were a tough opponent and both sides played their hearts out.  That was one of the most nerve wracking games I've ever seen. Is that your baby? What a cutie Next Page

Shelly (tired in Detroit after the 3rd longest game in the history of the Stanley Cup finals)

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2002, 05:48:03 pm »

>> Is that your baby? What a cutie
hehe, no just a Pic on there web site

I am a bit to old for kids (One Was Too Many)
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

Harry The Hipster

« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2002, 03:14:54 am »

Posted mine yesterday. Should appear shortly.

Claudio hit it precisely. The interactivity amongst developers and users, and the strong sense of community in this project, has to be unique. That alone is worth the price of admission.

Great product from good people.

HTH

JimH

« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2002, 04:35:37 pm »

The score at CNET is 93% approval, 41 reviews, of which 39 are positive and 2 are negative.

If you walk outside tonight and turn toward Minneapolis, you should be able to see the glow.  (Zevele, that's just to the left of Biaritz.)

Thank you.
Jim Hillegass

Valisystem

« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2002, 09:21:19 am »

Just noticed this. That's my positive review on CNET. Nina is punctuation challenged, among other things. She quoted from my post here about a quickly solved display problem: "Valisystem>I just had the same thing happen last night on Windows XP Professional."

Nina added her own comment after mine without the courtesy of a period or a closing quotation mark. "I would NOT touch this program with a ten foot pole."

Nina, I would not only touch this program, I hug it tight. I recommend it to my friends. I suggest it to my clients. I use it every single day. I am amazed that its competitors haven't closed up shop out of shame. MJ is lovable and wonderful!

zevele1

« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2002, 09:36:30 am »

Just to the left to Biarritz
I know,my mother's family toke this way,from Biarritz, at the end of the last century.The century before in fact,not the last?
They landed in an island close to Canada

Still did not post on Cnet
Waiting for a run of negatives to top on it
Cause you see the opinions by dates.I think,i am not sure
A 10 minutes old "new/last built" MJ8 on drive E.  Hey hey will start to play with it.......

Chico

« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2002, 10:15:44 am »

>If you walk outside tonight and turn toward Minneapolis, you should be able to see the glow. (Zevele, that's just to the left of Biaritz.)

Jim!  It's blinding me!  Could you guys keep it down over there?  We are trying to get some sleep here in Delaware and that "glow" is keeping us awake! Next Page
Pages: [1]   Go Up