INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Best JRiver configuration for Lynx2B ?  (Read 1995 times)

Madien

• Recent member
Best JRiver configuration for Lynx2B ?
« on: February 26, 2011, 02:43:12 pm »

Hi !
I use JRiver MC15 and I really love it.

I have configured it with ASIO plugin ; I use a Lynx 2B sound card. I'm wondering if I have configured JR well as windows volume still modifies the global volume.

Could you please tell me what are the correct settings ?

Thanks !
Madien

Trumpetguy

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Best JRiver configuration for Lynx2B ?
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2011, 02:05:58 pm »

Did you install the L2B driver only, or did you put in an additional ASIO driver? That should not be necessary, as the Lynx mixer/driver works fine with ASIO by itself. ASIO by itself does not get rid of digital level controllers. You will need to put JRiver and any windows master volume volume to 100% (not 99.999%), othewise you will have multiple bit-removing event in series, ASIO or not.

And - stick with JRiver and ASIO. It works great!!! I used Lynx2B for a couple of years in that setup (now upgraded to Lynx Aurora), and I have had not one glitch or hickup.

Madien

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2011, 01:27:38 pm »

Many thanks

I was worried to let the windows volume still active; I thought there was a setting to disable it. So it seems normal that windows volume still works even with ASIO drivers.
Thank you !
Madien

Trumpetguy

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2011, 04:44:55 pm »

Just remember to disable all system sounds ("No sounds" scheme in Control Panel-Sounds etc). Have a Windows 'ding' or startup tune at full speed (0dB attenuation) is no fun. Especially if you need new tweeters in your speakers afterwards.

Also - if you are ripping CDs using EAC - switch off you amplifier!!! EAC plays a horrible sound like a champagne bottle being opened every time a rip has completed. It overrides all your settings and plays it at 100% volume. It feels like driving your Ford GT500 with sand in the engine.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2011, 07:44:51 pm »

As per the topic, I agree with the ASIO recommendation.  I've spoken with the writer of the Lynx drivers and this is his recommendation.

It feels like driving your Ford GT500...

Can I have a ride?
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Trumpetguy

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2011, 03:22:57 am »

As per the topic, I agree with the ASIO recommendation.  I've spoken with the writer of the Lynx drivers and this is his recommendation.

Thanks, that is re-assuring.

Can I have a ride?

Of course, an imaginary ride in my imaginary car ;-)
Pages: [1]   Go Up