INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: how to preserve upgrade settings with multiple user accounts?  (Read 981 times)

rjm

• Citizen of the Universe

Settings were preserved nicely on the user account from which I installed the upgrade, however I had to manually re-enter settings for the other user accounts.

In hindsight I wonder if I should have reinstalled the upgrade from each user account.

What is the correct procedure for preserving settings across multiple user accounts?

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: how to preserve upgrade settings with multiple user accounts?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2011, 03:15:25 pm »

When MC16 is first installed it restores the MC15 settings and library if found. Naturally these are restored from the data that is available for the current Windows user. When another Windows user starts MC the program is already installed and nothing is restored automatically.

Each Windows user account has its individual MC user settings and default library. You can restore an MC15 library backup file and tick only the "restore settings" option.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

rjm

Re: how to preserve upgrade settings with multiple user accounts?
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2011, 05:47:14 pm »

Thanks Alex.

I wonder if a second "redundant" install of MC16 in the other user account would also work? No need to reply, I can try it a year from now with MC17.
Pages: [1]   Go Up