INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC 16.0.42 -Special Download folder?  (Read 1547 times)

Ekpen

• Citizen of the Universe
MC 16.0.42 -Special Download folder?
« on: March 03, 2011, 03:53:04 pm »

16.0.42. Installed and working. Prior version did not allow me to download BBC.zip within the Chrome browser. This .42 version does allow. I could see the download window on left side of my desktop. The file download was saved in an obscure folder. Is it possible, in the Options to configure a special download folder for MC and Chrome .
With Mozila, or Firefox, downloads know where they go.
Thanks.
Ekpen

marko

• MC Beta Team
Re: MC 16.0.42 -Special Download folder?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2011, 06:02:55 am »

By BBC.zip, you mean the one I posted, yes? (http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=62174.0)

If you browse to that thread using your usual internet browser, rather than internally within MC, does the file then download correctly for you?

Once you have the file, extract the enclosed .mpl file to somewhere easy to find, then open MC, create a new library field called Type, then click on File>Import Playlist. Browse to your saved .mpl file and import it. This will add the stream urls to your library.

Create a library view using a "Files to show" rule of "Type" is "Online Radio" and it will return only these streams. You may consider excluding them from views where you don't want them to appear. Adding an exclusion to your top level audio view, for example, will exclude the streams from all child audio views.

If the BBC.zip file downloads fine using your default browser, but does not from within MC, report that and the developers will see it and fix it when time allows.

-marko.

Ekpen

Re: MC 16.0.42 -Special Download folder?
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2011, 09:15:59 am »

Marko, thanks for the response. With 42, it did download within the MC. the 42 again, it did not let me download 43, which I am using now. I had to go to 15.74 or so, to download and install version 43
I will report this problem in another thread.

I played with this BBC zip yesterday. I will setup per your detailed suggestion, during the week.
I had to remove it, because I could not get it to import. I did create a "TYPE", but could not get the Antenna to appear under the Tree. 
I think my View was not properly set up. I will play with it, when I have the time to devote to it again.
Thanks
Ekpen
Pages: [1]   Go Up