INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dammit!!!!  (Read 2069 times)

SBrandsborg aka Mouseman

• Galactic Citizen
Dammit!!!!
« on: June 07, 2002, 02:27:03 pm »

Hi all
You will not see anything new from me in the next long time becouse... The ####ING police got me in driving to fast... and my girl freind just broke up with me..... IM VERY DOWN RIGHT NOW... sorry
~SBrandsborg (Mouseman)
E-Mail: steffen@sbrandsborg.dk

JimH

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
RE:Dammit!!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2002, 02:44:42 pm »

Mouseman,
Pick yourself up.
Dust yourself off.
Start all over again.

I said today, to my son, that the best lessons of life had come from my worst failures.  It happens to everyone.  Get used to it.

You're still a big star here.

----
Listening to: '10 - Pick Yourself Up' from 'When I Look In Your Eyes' by 'Diana Krall' on Media Jukebox

DIANA KRALL LYRICS

Pick Yourself Up

Nothings impossible I have found
For when my chin is on the ground
I pick myself up, dust myself off, start all over again

Don't lose your confidence if you slip
Be grateful for a pleasant trip
And pick yourself up, dust yourself off and start all over again

Work like a soul inspired till the battle of the day is won
You may be sick and tired but you'll be a man my son
Don't you remember the famous man who had to fall to rise again?
They picked themselves up, dust themselves off and started all over again
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

SBrandsborg aka Mouseman

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2002, 02:48:44 pm »

ican't get any good jobs now...

my life is completey destroyd now...
~SBrandsborg (Mouseman)

JimH

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2002, 02:54:54 pm »

You won't be able to work for the police, that's certain.  You have a LOT of other possibilities.
Jim Hillegass

sekim

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2002, 04:26:27 pm »

Steffen,

You know what, at your age I wouldn't worry so much about this right now. Maybe in a few years, with a gaggle of kids tugging at your pant legs, this will not seem so bad.

And leave your lead filled driving shoes in the closet. Public roads are not the place to be practicing your World Rally Car skills. Take it from someone who learned the hardway also. Next Page

C.A.T.

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2002, 04:30:38 pm »

Mouseman,
Seek professional counselling.  Despair breads a hard heart that is difficult to change so reach out to the wise and these things shall pass and indeed strengthen you life, not hinder it!
(I speak from personal and current experiences).

Hang in there (even if just by a thread) and desire to climb.

CAT

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2002, 05:11:01 pm »

>> the best lessons of life had come from my worst failures. It happens to everyone. Get used to it.
So True

I Think You Learn More When It Slaps You In The Face Then When It Is Handed To You On A Platter.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

Trelane

• World Citizen
  • Destroy him, my robots.
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2002, 05:43:06 pm »

I can't speak from experience about women (I've never had a girlfriend), but I can give you some antidepressant techniques that I have found to work well:

- Music
- Working extra hard at a hobby (in my case, coding)
- Hanging out with my nephew (5 years old) or my neice (4 years old)... kids can do wonders for a person's outlook
- Talking about it with friends or family

I also ask myself questions relating to the reason for being down, and I try my best to give completely honest answers. I then figure out what I can do to solve the problem based on my answers. I can only recommend that you keep trying. Keep your head up high and you'll come through.

DeathRider

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2002, 05:56:33 pm »

Seriously,, Join one of the branches of the military, 2 months of basic training, you will have a new outlook as well as a job and career training. And not to mention, a higher fisical fitness state. See the world.
Robert Long

JimH

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2002, 06:07:37 pm »

Deathrider,
Very funny.

"Joined the Navy, to see the world
What did I see?
I saw the sea."

Who was that?  Gilbert and Sullivan?
Jim Hillegass

SBrandsborg aka Mouseman

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2002, 06:08:11 pm »

Thanks u guys... I'll just think i'll invite a new girl out to night Next Page
thats one problem sould...
~SBrandsborg (Mouseman)

shelly

« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2002, 06:41:13 pm »

Mouseman,
Life's lessons can be terribly difficult but they help us grow.  Although you may not believe it right now, life almost always gets better and the dispair you feel at this moment will pass.  If you continue to feel hopeless, do take the advise offered here and talk to someone you trust and respect, such as, parents, siblings, clergy, or your doctor.  I'm looking forward to your next track info template, so don't stay away.  Next Page

Shelly

DeathRider

• World Citizen
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2002, 07:19:52 pm »

Hey, I had fun. I joined the army in 85 and promptly was sent to the East West German border, I spent 4 years watching East German and Russian soldiers knock each other out to take the keys to cross the fence to freedom. Then the coup de gra, the wall comes down and watch everyone cheer and party, the next year the West Germans were wishing the wall was back up again.

on the whole i got to see Germany, Austria, France, England, Italy, so on and so on, I saw all of them from a plane except Germany were I was stationed for 8 yrs, Great country side, food and beer.  Took my mind off a lot of things fast.
Robert Long

bipolartribble

« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2002, 10:05:49 pm »

Mouseman

Once, many years ago, after my dad suffered yet another setback in his life, I asked him how he kept managing to bounce back. His reply was, "Force of habit."

When I  get down I play music like The Cat's Miaow - If Things Had Been Different, Aberdeen - Fran, or Another Sunny Day - I Don't Suppose I'll Get A Second Chance, as they remind me that everybody hurts, sometime. I think that, all in all, I've had more "downs" than "ups," but sometimes a really good up can make up for a whole lot of downs.

Keep us posted as to where you're at. We worry.

Listening to: 'Everything Is Given To Be Taken Away' from 'Apart' by 'Apartments' on Media Jukebox

Michael

peleton

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2002, 10:29:50 pm »

Mouseman,
hang in there.
You have soooo much to offer.

I personally think you are great.
A great asset to not only the MJ community (where your obvious talents are appreciated daily), but also to the world at large.

I do know, very much, how you might be feeling. As I have just recently been through (and am still dealing with) similar feelings.

(For the last 3 years I have been unsuccessfully trying to complete my undergrad degree. At first I thought I was just slacking and a bit unlucky with sickness. Then the following year I got increasingly tired and weak and lost 15kg. The doctors thought I had a virus, but after a bike accident they scanned my head and found a tumor in my purtuitary gland. It turned out to be benign, but was affecting my hormones and imune system. I am now on druggs (probably for the rest of my life).  It has taken me some time to come to terms with this and get back on track and attempt to finally complete my degree, but I sometimes still worry about not getting a job because of low grades due to those last few years. )

Basically what I have learned is live for today, and don't worry too much about the future.  Deal with tomorrows problems tomorrow. Be greatful for what you have and can do today.  And know that the are many many people(more than you know) who appreciate you, and what you can do.  -People who believe in your success, even if you find it hard to atm.

Be well.

peleton.

Ton-Up

« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2002, 01:22:37 am »

Mouseman I've been there.

Last year I went through what you're going through now. My relationship of 22 years ended due to my partner developing mental problems. I've been down as far as you can go but I'm still here, desptite a lot of setbacks.

Like someone else said talk to someone, anyone who will listen. It helps.

I wouldn't have made it without my inlaws and for that I thank them.

Jazzwolf

« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2002, 06:24:15 am »

Hey Mouseman,
It sounds like words right now but believe me.. You'll be OK! It's part of the learning process. We've ALL been through that. If I only knew what I know now when I was your age.. It would have made things easier to bear. Keep your chin up and know that it will get better, you have friends here who care about you

SBrandsborg aka Mouseman

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2002, 07:18:55 am »

THANKS GUYS... life goes on...
~SBrandsborg (Mouseman)
Pages: [1]   Go Up