INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature request: Control of all items shown in the navigation panel  (Read 1048 times)

james_smith1976

• Recent member

I guess that various contractual obligations may preclude this (e.g. Amazon being shown in the Services & Plugins ) but I find it a bit rich that having paid good money for MC I can't choose exactly what is/isn't displayed in the navigation panel.

Personally I just want to see Audio, Images, Video and Devices. I couldn't care less about Performer Store, Services & Plugins and I don’t really use the Playing Now view.

Please give users complete flexibility to decide what's displayed here.

...On a related note, does anyone have a registry hack to ‘hide’ individual components?

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: Feature request: Control of all items shown in the navigation panel
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2011, 06:43:40 am »

Tools > Plug-In Manager (you can hide some of the plug-ins, e.g. the stores)

Tools > Options > General > Features (you can disable features)

You cannot remove Playing Now. It is an essential part of the player engine and it also provides library management features.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

james_smith1976

• Recent member
Re: Feature request: Control of all items shown in the navigation panel
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2011, 07:19:36 am »

Alex - thanks, I was aware of those methods, but tried uninstall for the plugins (which doesn't work, and I’ve never understood why this button isn't greyed out accordingly). I forgot you can use hide to ditch performer store though.

What about Services & Plugins? I don't need/want it there. (maybe I've missed the "trick" for this one too?)

Altogether, it's not terribly intuitive - why can't all the options be included in the features on/off section under options?

Also, it would be nice to be able to change the order of the items – I understand why Playing Now is needed (although I agree with the sentiments in another thread about playing doctor being a bit annoying) – but it would be nice to at least be able to move them around (again, maybe there's an option to do this, but I can't find it and drag-drop doesn't work).
Pages: [1]   Go Up