INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: possible to see whats playing in other links?  (Read 2257 times)

HTPC4ME

• Citizen of the Universe
  • LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!
possible to see whats playing in other links?
« on: March 04, 2011, 09:14:15 pm »

I now have jriver server setup to sync to clients.
Is it possible to be on any client then under playing now chose diffrent link(zone) and see what is playing now (the covers info etc) on that link\zone? I know we can control any link\zone. but my playing now is always empty for the other zones.(simply put, will jriver sync instantly to server to get info of whats playing on that zone and fill it in under playing now)

Thanks For any Clarification. or tips on how to accomplish this if it already does do that.

Sitting at home tonight in theater room, with screen off, and grabbed tablet went to playing now in jriver for htpc, and it was empty, so i had to turn screen on in theater to see what track was playing.

Also can anyone tell me what the (not sure correct term) Refresh rate is when you have library and clients set to sync. Is it once a day? every hour? after every change? been running tests a bit, and ive noticed if on server i tag things\import them, then 1\2 hour later goto htpc in theaterview and back out from where im at (say videos) back to home then go back to videos, my changes\recent imports are not there, but when i come back, hours later then they are there.
Just curious what the auto sync time rate is.
Thanks

HTPC4ME

Re: possible to see whats playing in other links?
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2011, 09:40:00 pm »

ran another test.

when i use my laptop\tablet i always chose file\library\load library, then i chose the servers library.

Now when i click on there:server. in playing now it's filled in,
but when clicking on htpc it's empty,

is the reason anytime i try to view whats playing on those other machines, they wont display because they have nothing in there playing nows from there own library? they are playing files from the server itself?

HTPC4ME

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2011, 10:29:06 am »

anyone please?

HTPC4ME

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2011, 12:28:35 am »

well its my gf's birthday we been away from home for 8 hours. and about 10 hours ago i imported music on the server and tagged it all. we came home to have some cocktails and went straight to htpc. all the songs I imported and tagged were in recently imported on htpc, but none of them had covers yet...

Is there a sync time when jriver syncs with server?

Thanks

HTPC4ME

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2011, 02:47:41 pm »

does anyone know the answer to this?

I'm going crazy tweaking things here. and nothing seems to work. does this feature work or not? does it work in 16? will it be implemented if it doesnt work?

Thank you.

HTPC4ME

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2011, 08:20:45 pm »

Well I just used my droid phone (gizmo app) connected to main library and it shows whole playing now list, cover art and everything. then i chose to see whats playing now on htpc, and that worked too!

So in theory... If on any client (or server viewing clients) and you want to see whats on another pc's playing now the coverarts and songs playing should show?!

Can anyone confirm if this is possible or not, if so, how do i accomplish this? if not sorry for beating a deadhorse. i just want to know if i have something setup wrong, or if it just doesnt work (then i can quit wasting time troubleshooting!)

Thank You!

HTPC4ME

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2011, 01:08:58 pm »

bump
Pages: [1]   Go Up