INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tagging: Set the image name = to filename (name) without file extention  (Read 2077 times)

Magic_Randy

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..

Is there a simple way to set the name tag for my images to the filename without the file extension?

I know I can use the move/copy function to set the name = filename (name), but that brings the file extension as well.

Lasse_Lus

Will this do ?

if(IsRange(Length([File Type]),3-3), RemoveRight([Filename (name)],4),if(IsRange(Length([File Type]),4-4), RemoveRight([Filename (name)],5),if(IsRange(Length([File Type]),5-5), RemoveRight([Filename (name)],6),if(IsRange(Length([File Type]),6-6), RemoveRight([Filename (name)],7),if(IsRange(Length([File Type]),7-7), RemoveRight([Filename (name)],8),if(IsRange(Length([File Type]),8-8), RemoveRight([Filename (name)],9),if(IsRange(Length([File Type]),9-9), RemoveRight([Filename (name)],10),if(IsRange(Length([File Type]),10-10), RemoveRight([Filename (name)],11),if(IsRange(Length([File Type]),11-11), RemoveRight([Filename (name)],12),if(IsRange(Length([File Type]),12-12), RemoveRight([Filename (name)],13),!!!! CHECK THIS)
MT5FR

rick.ca

...or:

RemoveRight([Filename (name)], Math(Length(ListItem([Filename (name)], Math(ListCount([Filename (name)],.)-1),.))+1))

But—unless it's been changed since the files were imported—just use [Name]. ;)

Magic_Randy

• MC Beta Team

So how do I use these formulas? Do I have to build a smartlist and then plug this into some set command or something?

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird

Library Tools > Fill Properties From Filename...

Filename: [Name]

The filename extension will not be included.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

rick.ca

So how do I use these formulas?

Use them however you like. Likely choices would be in an edit operation (precede the expression with "=") to update [Name], in a custom expression field or to set a caption (in Options).

Magic_Randy

• MC Beta Team

Thanks everyone for the help.

Being lazy like I am, I used Alex B's solution. :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up