INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: WASAPI - Event Style Error  (Read 1032 times)

pete3108

• Recent member
WASAPI - Event Style Error
« on: March 08, 2011, 06:56:26 am »

Hi

I had Wasapi and Wasapi Event Style both working fine on both 16 and 24 bit files at 44.1, 48, 96 and 192 khz.

Then I loaded up some 174.4khz material using Event Style.  MC prompted me that my card doesn't support this (88.2 and 176.4 are both not supported) and it would automatically set the DSP to 96/24.  I accepted. It plays fine.  However, when I switched back to a 44/16 source it will not play the sound on this file in Event Style - it is playing the file but without sound.

If I switch back to Wasapi (non Event Style) it will play 44/16 and 96/24 fine even with these DSP settings.

Looks like this is some sort of error with Event Style with 16 bit.

If I turn off the DSP in event style or even alter the output format in any way (for e.g. changing the setting to source bitrate) from 96/24 then no files will play with sound until I return it to the 96/24 setting and then any 24 bit files will play just not the 16 bit ones.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: WASAPI - Event Style Error
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2011, 08:04:05 am »

It's possible your hardware does not nicely support Wasapi Event Style.  You might try updating the driver on your sound device.

Also, set DSP Studio to the highest bit depth your hardware supports (probably 24-bit) and leave it.  There's no reason to ever send the hardware a 16-bit signal if it's 24-bit hardware.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up