INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: library tags, CDrip vs Import  (Read 921 times)

tech9_79

• Recent member
library tags, CDrip vs Import
« on: March 08, 2011, 09:21:43 am »

I have a question on how MC identifies the CD info when ripping a CD vs importing from a folder.

When i rip a CD all track/album info is perfect & correct and 90% of the time it finds cover art correctly,

I copied my music folder to my LT exactly the same as it is on my main computer, but when i import the folder the track/album info is missing, unassigned or incorrect..  track info is set to default in MC. why would it not find the same track info when importing vs ripping?  the main headache is the tracks are listed out of order.. 

I also dont seem to be able to change track info in windows?? this is only for my wav files (cd's that i ripped) the mp3's that i have i can edit folder/track info just fine.

any thoughts? 
Xonar DX Unified Drivers (analog out) to HifimeDiy T3S Win7x64

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: library tags, CDrip vs Import
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2011, 09:27:27 am »

When a CD is ripped, a value is calculated, and this value is used to lookup the CD info from YADB, JRiver's CD database.  It is returned to MC and stored in its database for the CD and for the ripped tracks.

Your media files have tags.  These tags are independent of the track info listed in the MC database.  You can specify that you want MC to update the tags when the track info is changed.  This can be done manually, or set to do so automatically.

WAV files generally don't have tags - there is info on the forums / wiki that describes how to manage this situation.  Generally, a loseless format might be better (consider APE, FLAC, etc.).  [ Edit: here you go: http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/WAV_%26_AIFF_Tagging ]
The opinions I express represent my own folly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up