INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Not Auto-Importing  (Read 1321 times)

jroyale

• Galactic Citizen
Not Auto-Importing
« on: March 08, 2011, 11:24:13 am »

MC doesn't seem to be auto importing on any type of schdule.  I had a new movie in the file path to be monitored and it was there for 36 hours and still didn't show up in MC.  I had to run auto-import.  Not a huge deal other than the fact it's an HTPC on theatre mode only and my wife has no clue how to get out and auto-import for the kids movies.

Any settings I can change?

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Not Auto-Importing
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2011, 01:35:20 pm »

MC's auto-import system doesn't run on a scheduled basis.  It uses the Windows API to get notifications of changes to the file system.  It doesn't often fail to pick up changes, but I have seen it happen once or twice.

As far as settings, if you want to make sure that files in your watched folders ALWAYS get picked up, make sure the "Ignore files previously removed" option is deselected for all of EACH of the folders you watch.  That's probably not it since the manual auto-import grabbed it, but worth mentioning.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

jroyale

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Not Auto-Importing
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2011, 08:40:09 am »

Ya not it but thanks for the input.

I think then the issue is that the files are all on my "budget" NAS which it seems windows some times has difficulty communicating with because I go into network and NAS isn't listed, then I type the address is explorer and only after that does it show up...
Pages: [1]   Go Up