INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sharing playlists between XP accounts  (Read 955 times)

Clemroadies

• nothing more to say...
Sharing playlists between XP accounts
« on: April 02, 2003, 09:43:01 pm »

On XP we have two user accounts. I created playlists when signed on as one user. When I log on as the other user, the playlists aren't there. Now, since there doesn't seem to be any way to import playlists in MJ, in any format, I'm wondering if there is a directory/file containing this information that I might be able to access to find the playlists created in the other user's account.  

xen-uno

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Checking your hard disk for errors...
Re: Sharing playlists between XP accounts
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2003, 04:23:29 am »

Assuming that you install MJ in the same location for both users, then I always thought that the same library was shared. Must not be the case. The library is in .../MediaJukebox/Data/mediafiles.jmd (playlists in playlistx.jmd). See if you have different versions of these on a per user basis.

10-27

Clemroadies

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2003, 04:38:36 pm »

Very interesting. Thanks for making me think about something this basic. Did a search and discovered two separate installations, one under MJ and another under J River.
Tried to change the link from the desktop icon, but found I did not have permission to access this program (which I installed under my wife's account).

Tried to do an uninstall from one user account but this disabled both installations.

Ended up having to reinstall for both accounts (one apparently defaults to the J River location).

This is indeed unique. No other programs has required dual installations. Unless this has been changed in the new version, wouldn't be a bad idea to warn XP users of this little quirk. I'm not sure a jukebox program warrants this level of security.

xen-uno

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Checking your hard disk for errors...
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2003, 06:57:47 am »

The necessity to install for each user on MJ8 is gone in MC9...FYI

Rx
Pages: [1]   Go Up