INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Adding time between tracks when ripping  (Read 1910 times)

rkhorton

• Junior Woodchuck
Adding time between tracks when ripping
« on: March 13, 2011, 03:43:02 pm »

First I am beginning to appreciate what a Wikki is ;D  I have gone back to version 15 of MC until version 16 adjusts the start on track 2 ripping problem.  I removed IE9 Beta so to do.  It seems to me that there is a setting somewhere that allows one to adjust the time in seconds between tracks when ripping. Otherwise when doing playback the music starts with to gaps in between tracks.  I have looked at all the adjustments I can find but couldn't locate that adjustment.  It must be part of the settings dealing with ripping discs.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: Adding time between tracks when ripping
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2011, 04:18:38 pm »

Gapless playback is configured in Options->Audio->Track Change.  Select the transition in "Switch tracks:" that meets your needs.  This setting is also available under Player->Playback Options.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2011, 04:22:54 pm »

MC rips the tracks exactly as they are on the audio CD. The durations are not altered. Any decent ripper is expected to do this.

As MrC said, you can adjust the playback "Track Change" settings to get your desired effect (Player > Playback Options...).
For example, "Switch Tracks: Gapless" and unticked "Do Not Play Silence (leading and trailing)" together will produce the original track durations including any silence that is present in the original CD.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

rkhorton

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2011, 06:24:22 pm »

Thanks for directing to the correct path to make timing adjustments.  Sorry to be thick headed but at least now I can ask for specifics.  In the audio options there are three boxes.  Under Switch tracks, which option should be selected.  I can see the timing selections.  Second, should "Do not play silence leading and trailing"  Should that option be checked or unchecked (blank).  Lastly, "Use gapless for squential album tracks"  Should that option be checked or unchecked.  I like the idea of maintaining the original gap timings from the CD.  Should these options have been applied before ripping?  I'd hate to think I have ruined three weeks worth of work. ;D

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2011, 07:00:57 pm »

The playback options do not alter the ripped files anyhow, not during ripping and not after that.

"Gapless" & unchecked "Do not play silence..." will play the files as they are on the CD.

The "Do not play silence (leading and trailing)" option removes the silent passages on track boundaries. It is useful with the cross-fade mode.

"Use gapless for sequential album tracks" does what the name implies. If two subsequent tracks in Playing Now are sequental album tracks then the transition will happen in the Gapless mode. Otherwise the option that is set in "Switch tracks" will be active.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755
Pages: [1]   Go Up