INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MJ 8.0.399 - AnalyzeReplayGain - Memory Problem  (Read 1224 times)

wrdaniel

• Recent member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
MJ 8.0.399 - AnalyzeReplayGain - Memory Problem
« on: September 13, 2003, 02:16:00 am »

hi,

while using "analyze replay gain" on a huge number of files, mjb sometimes fills up my memory until i get a "low on memory" message. i know i could push up my virtual memory settings from windows but imo mjb shouldnt use 1 GB of RAM while running. Dont know if other people have the same problem.

rovingcowboy

• World Citizen
  • I love media jukebox
Re: MJ 8.0.399 - AnalyzeReplayGain - Memory Proble
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2003, 12:53:42 am »

no i dont   think that is the trouble with the filling of the ram.

you guys   need to read the information on the replay gain again  and read it more carefuly.

it says to me that mjb will study ALL song files you are playing in  the playlist  and  write to a file for use by mjb only that will tell mjb what volume level is the advrage level of ALL  the songs.

that is going to take some ram if your using 500 to 15,000 songs.

so i believe it is just a normal thing that happens,  do you run out of room on your desk for books and papers?  you put them on the floor  right? the floor  is your virt ram  so how much books and papers  do you hold on your desk  to make a report with?

it does not seem that   simple but it is, these computers work just like a business office in the real world.  only faster. ;D
roving cowboy / keith hall
Pages: [1]   Go Up