INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: PlugPlayer/dlna playback issue -- help?  (Read 2935 times)

durufle

• Recent member
PlugPlayer/dlna playback issue -- help?
« on: March 27, 2011, 02:29:45 pm »

Hello folks,

Purchased PlugPlayer this afternoon and turned on DLNA and I was amazed that it just started to work.  I then got greedy (ha!) and tried to add custom views (composer).  I managed to do this and again, was amazed that it just showed up in PlugPlayer.

That being said, the problem now is that I can see the Server, connect to it, browse albums and tracks, but when I hit play, it looks like it is playing within the PlugPlayer interface, but nothing happens in MC.  Nothing starts any more.  So I'm not sure if I messed something up while fiddling or not.

I should add that I'm using the spdif output of the computer JRiver is running on -- I'm not trying to stream audio to another device.. I'm simply trying to use PlugPlayer as a remote control.

Any suggestions?

Mike

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: PlugPlayer/dlna playback issue -- help?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2011, 03:06:29 pm »

Hello folks,

Purchased PlugPlayer this afternoon and turned on DLNA and I was amazed that it just started to work.  I then got greedy (ha!) and tried to add custom views (composer).  I managed to do this and again, was amazed that it just showed up in PlugPlayer.

That being said, the problem now is that I can see the Server, connect to it, browse albums and tracks, but when I hit play, it looks like it is playing within the PlugPlayer interface, but nothing happens in MC.  Nothing starts any more.  So I'm not sure if I messed something up while fiddling or not.

I should add that I'm using the spdif output of the computer JRiver is running on -- I'm not trying to stream audio to another device.. I'm simply trying to use PlugPlayer as a remote control.

What version of MC are you using?  Have you tried the latest build of MC16 from the top of the MC16 board?

durufle

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2011, 03:11:37 pm »

I kept tinkering thinking that it wasn't JRiver that was the problem but PlugPlayer.. so I removed the servers and added them again and problem is fixed. 

However, I notice a new issue.  When I start playing a track by clicking on it in JRiver, it plays at the correct sample rate (WASAPI exclusive mode).  If I start the track via PlugPlayer it defaults to 48k which is what I have set as the default in JRiver (for non exclusive mode).

Is there around this?  This combo of JRiver + PlugPlayer is absolutely amazing -- but I cannot have everything re-sampled to 48k for the sake of a remote :P

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2011, 04:56:17 pm »

I kept tinkering thinking that it wasn't JRiver that was the problem but PlugPlayer.. so I removed the servers and added them again and problem is fixed. 

However, I notice a new issue.  When I start playing a track by clicking on it in JRiver, it plays at the correct sample rate (WASAPI exclusive mode).  If I start the track via PlugPlayer it defaults to 48k which is what I have set as the default in JRiver (for non exclusive mode).

Is there around this?  This combo of JRiver + PlugPlayer is absolutely amazing -- but I cannot have everything re-sampled to 48k for the sake of a remote :P

If you are only using PP as a remote to MC you should set Audio conversion to "Never Convert" in the Media Network DLNA server options.

durufle

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2011, 06:56:18 am »

Bingo, that did it.

Seemingly, my only issue left is the occasional skip/stutter at the beginning of the track.

One of two things happens:

1. The track starts 1-2 seconds in (ie. I don't get the beginning)
2. Occasionally I'll get a repeating loop at the beginning of the track (thing vinyl skipping) -- happens about 4-5 times, then plays normally.

Any suggestions on settings I can adjust to fix this?

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2011, 08:32:17 am »

Bingo, that did it.

Seemingly, my only issue left is the occasional skip/stutter at the beginning of the track.

One of two things happens:

1. The track starts 1-2 seconds in (ie. I don't get the beginning)
2. Occasionally I'll get a repeating loop at the beginning of the track (thing vinyl skipping) -- happens about 4-5 times, then plays normally.

Any suggestions on settings I can adjust to fix this?
Odd,
Maybe bump up the timeout for the server in PP's server list. The default it 1, change it to 2 or 3?
You might also try the audio buffering in Settings->Plug Player. It's 2 seconds by default. I don't think that applies to the way you're using it but if the first suggestion doesn't change anything you could try this.
Pages: [1]   Go Up