INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Desktop remote for J River Media Center  (Read 2321 times)

bagpasta

Desktop remote for J River Media Center
« on: March 18, 2011, 05:58:51 am »

hi here, my first time on this forum and I am looking fomr some pearls of wisdom from you guys (and gals)
I have been trying to figure out for quite some time about how to stream music from my PC upstairs to my HI-FI downstairs in the sitting room and came across this fantastic article (http://www.computeraudiophile.com/content/Let-Music-Fly-JRiver-Media-Center-15) which is exactly what i am looking for.
It recommends J River Media Center which is perfect because there is a remote control for android I can get for my phone.
...one thing I wanted to ask was is there a desktop remote control for J River Media Center at all?  my reason for asking is that the android app is OK for me when I am at home, but if I am out, my Girlfriend doesn't have an android phone so would probably want to use an applicaiton on her laptop to be able to control what music is streamed from the computer upstairs to the stereo in the sitting room - does such thing exist? if not does anyone have any ideas how she could do such a thing easily?

thanks in advance

Audionut

• Recent member
Re: Desktop remote for J River Media Center
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2011, 06:44:11 am »

Hi,

It is already built into J River MC, you can just install MC also on your girlfriend's laptop and connect from their to a remote library. The nice little bonus over Gizmo is that you get the full userinterface functions of standard MC, you are just remote controlling your server. You also have the choice to play music to the laptop itself from the remote library.

The details of the configuration have been described a few times here and it is not difficult at all to do, mainly you have to enable library sharing on the MC PC that is serving up the music.

Joerg

bagpasta

Re: Desktop remote for J River Media Center
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2011, 12:13:29 pm »

fantastic, many thanks for your help  :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up