INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Renaming stacks  (Read 1337 times)

Raphoune

• Junior Woodchuck
Renaming stacks
« on: March 21, 2011, 07:58:00 am »

Hi all.

I've just started playing with the Stacks functionality to manage videos & external subtitles files (.srt) together. I have some troubles using the "Rename, ..." command. Maybe it's a bit buggy or maybe I'm not doing it the right way, I don't know exactly what stacks can and cannot do.

- When stacking two files with different filenames, renaming does not work on the hidden file (neither the "Rename" command, nor using F2 on the "filename" column). The error message advises me to check the files can me modified. I've checked MC is able to rename the files independently when they are unstacked. If the files need to have the same name before they are stacked, an option to automatically rename the hidden files could be nice.

- When stacking two files with the same filenames, "Rename" works but cannot be undone (Ctrl-Z). The same error message is displayed for the hidden file. This one looks like a bug ;)

Thanks.

Raph

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Renaming stacks
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2011, 12:04:12 pm »

- When stacking two files with different filenames, renaming does not work on the hidden file (neither the "Rename" command, nor using F2 on the "filename" column). The error message advises me to check the files can me modified....
The (incorrect) error message won't be shown anymore, but it will still only rename the stack files that had the same name as the stack top.

- When stacking two files with the same filenames, "Rename" works but cannot be undone (Ctrl-Z). The same error message is displayed for the hidden file. This one looks like a bug
This has been fixed for the next build.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

Raphoune

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2011, 12:54:21 pm »

The (incorrect) error message won't be shown anymore, but it will still only rename the stack files that had the same name as the stack top.
Thanks for the info! But I think I'd prefer to know if files were not renamed as I expected (for example if I made a mistake when I renamed my files before stacking them). What about a different stack icon to indicate stacked files have different names ?

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Cheers
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2011, 02:49:15 pm »

Thanks for the info! But I think I'd prefer to know if files were not renamed as I expected (for example if I made a mistake when I renamed my files before stacking them). What about a different stack icon to indicate stacked files have different names ?
When stacking use the "Autostack Files by Name" option.
If the names are different they won't stack and you will know immediately.
Sean

Raphoune

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2011, 05:00:33 pm »

It works perfectly, thank you ! I had not been in the "advanced" menu...

I had first imported and renamed my videos (in several different ways, I was looking for a convenient naming...). I imported the subtitles later and I was hoping the stacks would keep me from manually renaming them... I still think stacking could do that.

Anyway, once you know you need to start with correctly named files, it's really great !
Pages: [1]   Go Up