INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Two library questions  (Read 1741 times)

alder0

• Recent member
Two library questions
« on: March 22, 2011, 03:47:08 pm »

1)  I have m4a files that play just fine, but I can't get them to add to a library.

2)  I have a library whose name was accidentally misspelled.  Since it's rather large library, I would prefer not to delete & rebuild, I would just like to rename the library.

How can I do these things?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Two library questions
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2011, 03:49:28 pm »

Are you using MC16.0.55 from the MC16 board?

alder0

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2011, 04:47:01 pm »

Yes, I downloaded it yesterday, subsequently updated real player (which seems the best engine for m4a--in fact MC16 was quitting on trying to play some m4a files until I updated real player) and rebooted. 

I, also, don't know if this is relevant, but I have installed the most recent download of K-Lite Codec pack Mega (32 & 64 bit) on this Windows 7 Ultimate system running on a 2008 MacPro under Bootcamp with an Nvidia GeForce GTX285 graphics card (although this is an audio issue).

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2011, 04:52:03 pm »

MC now has native support for M4A, so set the playback option to all Automatic under Filetypes.

alder0

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2011, 05:18:34 pm »

The File Type option is already set to "Automatic" under the AAC type and File Association is set to "Yes"

alder0

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2011, 05:26:05 pm »

When I choose one of these m4a files using "Open Media File", it starts right away.  If I double click the file (or choose "Play with Media Center" in Explorer), Media Center opens right away, but then hangs with a message "Website found. Waiting for reply..." displayed at the bottom of the MC window.

alder0

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2011, 11:25:27 pm »

I actually found a solution for the first of my two questions.  ;D  First I made sure that all the tags were updated & included cover art (I use Tag Tuner & Google + CaptureWizPro for that purpose).  Then I followed the advice on this forum by checking "Automatically import files when played" and "Enable Shell Integration", both listed in the General Options.  The real winner here seems to be the Shell Integration, since I was able to right-click the entire folder that contains the problematic m4a files and choose "import".  Apparently all the files had been imported, but there is an issue with the ordinary library interface that is bypassed by this import method so that they are hidden.  The whole folder was reimported using the shell import, and "external changes" (or something of the sort) was applied to those files that had previously been invisible.   So, it looks like a little fixup is needed in the library manager as listed under the File menu.

My second question is still unresolved.  How do I rename a folder (rather than delete & rebuild)?

alder0

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2011, 03:21:48 am »

I finally found the answer to my second question, which was a little confusing until one has some experience building a few libraries.  As the moderator pointed out, under the "Playing Now" at the top of the Action Window, there is a list of libraries; the active one is highlighted by a green play button.  If one clicks on the green play button, one is presented a list of options among which is "Rename".  The option to Hide the Library, incidentally is not on that list, presumably because it is the active library.  That option (called Delete) is present, however for inactive libraries.
Pages: [1]   Go Up