INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Multiple Ablum Art?  (Read 1784 times)

Neco

• World Citizen
Multiple Ablum Art?
« on: March 29, 2011, 03:22:56 pm »

Hi,

I love Media Center, it makes things so much easier like you wouldn't believe (or maybe you would).
I mainly use it for my Audio Collection, which I am rebuilding in FLAC.

I was wondering if it is possible to store multiple pieces of Art for one Album?   This mainly concerns multi disc collections,  which I keep in a parent folder, followed by a Disc # folder.
Take for example:

Akumajo Dracula Best Collections BOX  -  this set has 18 individual discs.   There is a the artwork from the main box,  and then the individual discs all have their own covers (Each is a letter spelling out  DRACULA THE IMMORTAL).   When I first imported them into MC, they showed up as separate albums,  which made it easier for me to attach the unique Album Cover artwork to each disc.  However after I made some Tag adjustments to my normal conventions,  so they were Stored  (Album\Disc #) and show up under one Album in MC,   I began looking for a way to attach the Box Art as the main  picture.

Is it possible to do this without affecting the rest of the files?  I haven't found a way to do it yet.. But there is a lot of MC I don't understand yet,  so that may be the issue.

I keep all my covers as  "Folder.jpg" files to make attach Art easier,  so I was hoping there was a way I could get MC to use the  Folder.jpg in the  Parent Folder for the main Album picture.
So we're clear my directory structure is as follows:

Akumajo Dracula Best Collections BOX\
--------------------------------------------\Folder.jpg
--------------------------------------------\Disc 1\Folder.jpg
--------------------------------------------\Disc 2\Folder.jpg

etc..  I want to use the  main Folder.jpg  in the top level folder as the Display Art for the Album,  while keeping the  other covers associated with their discs as well...  So  if I were navigating and wanted to select the Album I could identify it by the Box Art,  but if I started playing a track,  it would change to Display the Cover for that specific Disc.

Is this possible?     If it is, would it also work on my iPOD?

audioqueso

• Recent member
Re: Multiple Ablum Art?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2011, 08:03:45 pm »

Yes.
(But I'm not sure if I completely follow what you're asking, but let me tell you what I have found out.)

There is a difference between cover art that is on a Folder.jpg and cover art that is embedded on the file.  So for any multiple disc album that I have, I have a common Folder.jpg (which is just the album cover from the actual CD case).  Then I use something like Tag & Rename, and import a different file to embedded into the files.  (I usually just edited the cover art with write something on the actual image like "Disc 1")  So when the album is playing, it will display the folder.jpg, then fade into the file embedded art which is a different image.

Does this help?
Pages: [1]   Go Up