INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Album Art being overwritten  (Read 1051 times)

Blaine78

• Galactic Citizen
Album Art being overwritten
« on: April 02, 2011, 06:18:32 pm »

Hi,
Having this problem where the Folder.JPG files for a couple of albums keep getting overwritten with new folder.jpg. I have all Wav files, and in each album directory i put in my own folder.jpg, but every day, the album art is overwritten with a totally new folder.Jpg. it's not windows media, as the drive isn't mapped to the windows audio library, plus i have disabled windows media player. please help!
Windows 10 | Sony 55W805C TV | Metrum Acoustics Musette DAC | Luxman L-550AX | PMC Twenty.23

Frobozz

• Citizen of the Universe
  • There is a small mailbox here.
Re: Album Art being overwritten
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2011, 08:46:57 pm »

You can try running Process Monitor to see what other applications/processes are accessing and possibly overwriting folder.jpg

Process Monitor is one of the Sysinternals tools available on Microsoft's Technet.  Download and info is here.  It's a very geek level tool.  It's also a bit messy to deal with since it monitors so much.  It monitors all file access, registry access and some other activity.  To make any sense of using the tool you need to set filters so you only see what is relevant to you.  A filter watching for a path that contains "folder.jpg" should show what you need.  Run Process Monitor and let it monitor for a while.  Then look in its log to see if you see other applications writing to "folder.jpg".
Pages: [1]   Go Up