INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A Zone Question  (Read 2179 times)

kensn

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
A Zone Question
« on: April 02, 2011, 09:22:17 pm »

I have two PCs Running MC 16.0.60. Pc #1 is the library server with a local library. Pc #2 is connecting to the library on PC #1. This all works. The problem is PC 2 will not show up as a zone on PC 1, and PC 1 wont show up as a Zone on PC 2. If I manually add a zone to each PC, and call it REMOTE it will show up on the other PC in each instance, and I can control them as expected.

My question is did I mess something up? I thought before I did not have to manually add a Zone for it to show up on the other PC.

thanks,

Ken
If(IsEmpty([Coffee Cup]), Coffee, Drink)

kensn

• MC Beta Team
Re: A Zone Question
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2011, 08:09:16 pm »

Is there any registry settings to look at to help resolve this, laptop with new mc16 install shows all the zones, so I am wondering if it was something that got carried over from MC15, or just my tinkering with things that messed it up. The settings under media network are all the same.

Ken

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2011, 10:18:29 am »

There is the "Show Playback zones from the server on the client" in the Media Network options.  This works for me on the client end but I can't figure out how to see the client zones on the server?
-Craig    MO 4Media remote and player:  Android/TV/Auto | iOS | Windows 10/UWP

kensn

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2011, 11:23:35 am »

After looking around the forums last night I am wondering if using DLNA is the only way to get 2 way control using the library server...

Ken

olinbg

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2011, 10:59:14 am »

Not at my machine currently, but I believe I ran in to the same issue a few weeks back.

In order for the client machine (PC 2 in your post) to show up as a zone when logged in to the server (PC 1), you need to have PC 2 sharing it's library/zone over the network through the Media Network options.  Otherwise, the server won't see the client as a zone that's being shared.

Let me know if that doesn't make sense.  I can snap a screenshot when I get home today if you need it.

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2011, 10:18:02 am »

In order for the client machine (PC 2 in your post) to show up as a zone when logged in to the server (PC 1), you need to have PC 2 sharing it's library/zone over the network through the Media Network options.  Otherwise, the server won't see the client as a zone that's being shared.

Thanks.  This does allow me to see the client PC as a zone on the server.  It seems a little odd, though, that it is necessary to share the library too especially since it is a library server client and I don't want to be sharing the same library from both the server and client (seems like they should be separate settings)?
-Craig    MO 4Media remote and player:  Android/TV/Auto | iOS | Windows 10/UWP
Pages: [1]   Go Up