INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DSP Studio, parametric equalizer  (Read 4298 times)

Musiq

DSP Studio, parametric equalizer
« on: April 05, 2011, 02:21:00 am »

Hello

I am writing a short utility to import filter settings computed in REW to JRiver DSP settings before considering purchasing it.

Anybody has the definition of the exact registry key settings for this DSP? My actual tries fail, there are strange counters in front of XML structure and my import seems to be ignored ...

Regards

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
Re: DSP Studio, parametric equalizer
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2011, 09:37:22 am »

Are you exporting the REW file as a txt file?

I would like to request this as a feature update for the parametric equalizer. This way as new filters are added to the DSP (like high and low shelf filters) they can also be imported from the REW filter file.

I have attached a filter file exported from REW if anyone at JRiver want to play with importing REW filters. The file has 4 parametric EQ filters and one high pass filter. I just made up the filters at random. I would want all of these imported for the subwoofer channel.

mojave

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2011, 02:22:48 pm »

Have you had any success on importing the REW filters?

Frobozz

• There is a small mailbox here.
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2011, 03:17:39 pm »

The parametric EQ is a new feature in MC16.  I suspect it will be getting fleshed out as time goes on.  Hopefully with the ability to import EQ configurations.

In the meantime though, you can try EasyQ.  EasyQ is a freeware parametric EQ that runs as a VST plugin.  It works well in Media Center.  I use it as my general purpose EQ. 

EasyQ saves and reads its EQ settings from an XML based file.  Save a filter in EasyQ then look at the XML file and the general format should be obvious.  EasyQ will automatically load the last used EQ preset when it loads so it will be ready to go every time you run MC16.  I've not looked at the REW EQ filters.  I assume filters that REW uses will match up with the filter types EasyQ uses.

mojave

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2011, 03:59:02 pm »

I used GlissEQ before starting to use the built in parametric EQ. EasyQ is only useful if you are using just two channels. GlissEQ and the built in EQ allow all channels to pass through, even if you are only EQing the subwoofer channel. REW has enough filter options that it will match up with the terminology or settings of most parametric EQ hardware and software.

My question to the OP was to bump the thread so Matt would read it again and add REW import to the built in parametric EQ.  ;)  ;D

Frobozz

• There is a small mailbox here.
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2011, 10:17:45 pm »

EasyQ is 2 channel only.  I wasn't thinking multi-channel.  I live in a 2 channel world with 2 channel blinders on (headphones).
Pages: [1]   Go Up