INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theater View freeze on first load when Chromium is enabled as web browser engine  (Read 1063 times)

sjhilton

• Junior Woodchuck

Hi,

I hope this is the right place to post this. I have MC v16.0.99 booting on startup and loading to Theater View.

Recently I tried switching the browser engine to Chromium under the Tree & View options and the Theater View freezes on first load (it is unresponsive to the keyboard and remote). I can close Theater View by right clicking on the taskbar and hitting close, and then MC appears to work perfectly well in normal view and I can then switch back to Theater View and it works as normal. The issue disappears when I switch back to IE as web browser engine. I have not used the Chromium web engine before so I'm not sure whether this issue was present in earlier versions of MC 16. I can't see any errors being reported in the logs. I haven't otherwise used Chromium on this machine before.

I am using Win 7 x64, IE9, ATI HD3200 integrated video (with latest Catalyst drivers), AVG anti-virus and the latest version of Shark007's codec packages (plus AC3filter).

Happy to provide any further info.

thanks

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

It may be downloading the chromium package the first time you use it.  Maybe wait a few minutes.

sjhilton

• Junior Woodchuck

Thanks - that was definitely the problem.
Pages: [1]   Go Up