INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Photo library sync  (Read 1261 times)

woolooloo

• Recent member
Photo library sync
« on: April 05, 2011, 03:12:48 pm »

I have my photo library in a folder structure to organize it. I am trying to use MC16 to sync my photos with my android phone (Atrix) and in MC16, it throws away my folder structure so there is no organization except the date the photo was taken (pretty useless). When it syncs with my phone, it dumps every photo into a single directory so there is no way to look through my thousands of photos for anything specific. Is there a way to keep my folder structure organization? I really like how MC16 resizes the photos for me to my phone's resolution, but without any organization of the images, I'm going to have to try to find another solution.

rick.ca

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Photo library sync
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2011, 05:34:40 pm »

In Handheld Options, set the Image Path to: RemoveLeft([Filename (path)], 2).

woolooloo

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2011, 08:08:01 am »

Thanks for the tip, I see how that would work, but unfortunately it is not. I believe the issue is I am resizing the images, so MC is dumping the resized images into a temp directory first (c:\temp\J River\HHUpload) and that is the [filename (path)] that is being used rather than the original. It presents a couple issues:

1) I've still lost my directory structure
2) Since all files are being dumped to a single directory, it is omitting files with duplicate filenames.

Any suggestions to work around this? I've got a program that can simply keep the original files in sync, what I really liked about MC is how it would resize on the fly so I don't want to lose that.

Thanks

rick.ca

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2011, 02:20:01 pm »

Any suggestions to work around this?

I suppose it's understandable why this happens, but I'd call it a bug. The not-so-workable workaround would be to copy the desired paths to a custom field (using the same or a similar expression), and then specify that field as the target path.

Note that if you were using the library/organization features of MC, you wouldn't have this issue. At a minimum, you would probably use the Fill properties from filename tool to record the information used in folder names to fields. Those fields could then be used to specify a target path on the handheld.
Pages: [1]   Go Up